Can a network address be changed in PICED?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Htnut, May 13, 2005.

1. Htnut

Htnut

I have been using network address 0 for my project. I tried to use the new templates in PICED but got an error saying that the network address 254 did not exist in in my project. I then used toolkit to change my network address to 254 which seems to be the default. This fixed the template problem but now my existing PICED program gives the initial error. Is there a way around this?

Htnut, May 13, 2005
  2. Htnut

Darren Senior Member

The templates all use network 254 by default. You could create copies of the templates and change the networks to network 0 which would then allow you to use them.

Having changed your network number in the ToolKit does not affect the original PICED file. The PICED file still contains references to the old network number.

PICED does not contain a feature to allow you to move everything from one network to another. To do it manually :
    1. You need to have a C-Bus project containing both networks
    2. Open the project in PICED
    3. Change to use the new C-Bus project
    4. Manually change everything across
    5. Change the C-Bus project again.

This is obviously painful. If you are very careful, you could of course hack the PICED project file and do a search and replace.
    ;)

Darren, May 13, 2005
Ask a Question