"C261 Tag Error" problem after restoring from C-Touch to new laptop

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by paulyp, Aug 7, 2014.

1. paulyp

paulyp

Hi guys,
    I have a new laptop, the old died and am now restoring 1 project from my C-Touch which is fully functional but anM getting Tag Errors in the Logic Engine.

Yes I have searched and read the following threadhttp://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10006&highlight=Tag+errors
    but I must be doing something wrong....?!

The instructions are to:
    In the files transferred from the colour C-Touch unit, you should find the C-Bus project file (*.xml). Copy the file to the C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag folder, then you will be able to open the project in C-Bus Toolkit. If this works, then you will have all of the project tags. Open the Colour C-Touch project in PICED, and it should all compile correctly.

Could someone please steer me in the right direction?

I'm keen to get programming before a post city to surf party so I can use my C-Touch which controls my Yamaha RXV3900 over RS232.

I'd love to be able to command it over IP but the Yamaha POST & GET protocol for the RXV3900 is disgusting and I'm not sure have to make the logic engine do POST and GET HTTP, if someone does please let me know as I have managed to capture the POST & GET using Wireshark - just need to know how to POST and GET in PICED.

These are the multiple errors I am getting(I'd really prefer to fix the error than start from scratch):
    [​IMG]

These are the steps I took when restoring from the C-Touch:
    1. Transfer Project From Utility
    [​IMG]

2. Transfer Utility
    [​IMG]

3. Transfer Directory
    [​IMG]

4. Tag Destination Directory
    [​IMG]

I followed the instructions and placed the XML file in the correct folder according to the thread but I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

I've also included the logic summary in PDF below.

Thanks,
    Paul :confused:

Attached Files:

paulyp, Aug 7, 2014
  2. paulyp

jboer

Hey,

When you open your project in toolkit are all your tags there?

I would say by the look that possibly the tags have been stripped somewhere along the way.

J

jboer, Aug 8, 2014
  3. paulyp

MadDude

I have faced the same issue while I was trying to move the project from Wiser mk1.5 (white) to a spare unit.
    Funny thing though, it seems that I have also managed to bypass the C261 "Tag Error".
    When you actually backup a project - it creates a *.tar.gz archive which if you don't click "next" in PICED to unarchive it to a specific directory - is actually what you need in order to restore the project onto another unit.

MadDude, Mar 3, 2021
Ask a Question