C261 error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesg, Sep 24, 2021.

1. jamesg

jamesg

Hi team, we have recently taken over a banks maintenance and they wanted to make some adjustments to their touch screen but i can't alter it as i get a c261 error i assume this is because we don't have the original tags, is there a way around this or do i need to ID the 186 groups before i can make any adjustments?.
    cheers

jamesg, Sep 24, 2021
  2. jamesg

Ashley

I'm not sure how you got the project file in the first place, but if you retriev it from the touch screen it will restore the tags for you.

Open PICED with any project (or a blank one). Under TOOLS menu connect to the touch screen, select Retrieve Project from unit, and select a directory to store it in. Once completed, go to FILE/OPEN PROJECT then select Import Achive and select the .cta file you just retrieved. It will restore the project then give you the option to put the tag file in the CGate directory. Select this option and when prompted you can opn the project and all the tags will be there.

Ashley, Sep 25, 2021
Ask a Question