C-touch with Toolkit

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by RichardC, Nov 22, 2004.

1. RichardC

RichardC

We have just programmed our first job with Toolkit Beta and next task is the touchscreen. Do we need to upgrade the firmware and software for C-Touch to make it interface correctly with the the Toolkit project files?
    If we do is this software the current Beta version of C-touch firmware and software that is available on the forum downloads? Or should we just load it back into version 2 and use the existing software and firmware? Thanks.

RichardC, Nov 22, 2004
  2. RichardC

Darren Senior Member

Yes. The old version of the C-Touch software will not work with the new C-Bus Tool Kit project files.
    Yes.
    That will work too, but you will not have the benefits of the new features. If you wish to put the C-Touch unit into a job site, you will have to use this option, as the new firmware is not yet officially released.

Darren, Nov 23, 2004
  3. RichardC

Dave Byron

ctouch current status

Darren
    What can i do with the current versions of v3

1 can i update the firmware in touch screens and use the current v2 confirurations ?

2 can i update firmware and load v3 ctouch configurations - what the wrap text etc features ?

dave

Dave Byron, Dec 8, 2004
  4. RichardC

Darren Senior Member

You can load old C-Touch projects into the new software. You will then need to update the C-Touch firmware when you download the project with the V3 software.
    If you have a V2 C-Bus database, you will need to import that into the tool kit software before you begin.

What are you asking here ? :confused:

Darren, Dec 8, 2004
  5. RichardC

Dave Byron

ctouch v3

Daren
    got a few touch screens out of boxs and tried the various option.

best results are to load the new firmware and update the ctouch source and fix
    the things it finds wrong (my sloppy programing) and load the ctouch screen.

I find v3 of the touch a very great improvement on v2 its easier to find the errors - in the schedules i had a few errors that the users have never complained about.

it would be nice to be able to shift the pages like you can with schedules so that the user documentation comes out with the pages in the order i want not how they were added.

dave

Dave Byron, Dec 9, 2004
  6. RichardC

Darren Senior Member

You can edit the html report file to change the order of the pages and to apply any customised formatting or additional information.

Darren, Dec 9, 2004
Ask a Question