C-Touch via Network Module

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ramon, Aug 3, 2004.

1. ramon

ramon

Has anyone managed to get the C-Touch interface working via the Network (i.e. CGate) interface? The options for CGate communication is there however if you use, and manage to get working, it's so slow it makes it useless. I rang Clipsal Tech Support about it and their response was that it's not really supported, hence stick to the serial inteface.. however the network interface has many advantages for remote working, hence would be advantageous.

ramon, Aug 3, 2004
  2. ramon

Darren Senior Member

There is currently no support for programming C-Touch via C-Gate. This will be included with the new version of the C-Touch configuration software. Because there is a lot of info to send across C-Bus, it will take a long time (up to 2 hours) :(

The serial port connection will always be the preferred option.

Darren, Aug 3, 2004
  3. ramon

ramon

Speed

Surely working on a 10/100Mbps network has to be the preferred strategic direction rather than relying on a 19K2 serial interface? Why is it so slow when you use CBus Installation software (and i'm assuming CTouch) via a Ethernet Network module?

ramon, Aug 3, 2004
  4. ramon

Richo

Hi,

yes the connection between CGate and the CNI is fast, however the speed between the CNI and the CTouch (via CBus) is slow. There is currently nothing that can be done to improve the speed. CBus is deliberately kept slow so that is highly reliable.

Richo, Aug 3, 2004
Ask a Question