C-Touch V3 and Spectrum discontinued!?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Roosta, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Roosta

Roosta

So I recieved notification today that the C-Touch V3 and Spectrum touch screens have been discontinued and wont be purchaseable after the end of May!

No one at clipsal seems to knnow anything further of whats coming...

CBUS really seems to be dying a slow death...

Roosta, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Roosta

jboer

Wow, if they don't have an alternate offering that leaves a huge hole. While the screen wasn't awesome. You often don't have the space or budget to put a CTC in!

Unfortunately it isnt slow anymore, it is getting faster and faster. I have a number of reasonably major unaddressed issues open with support for a long time now and they have all been put into the too hard basket.

jboer, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Roosta

Roosta

Indeed...

You may have missed my mention that the CTC V3 has also been discontinued, so at this stage the B&W mk2 will be the only CBUS touchscreen available after 31st May 17...

Roosta, May 10, 2017
  4. Roosta

NickD Moderator

There will be a replacement solution... can't say much more than that unfortunately.

Nick

NickD, May 11, 2017
  5. Roosta

Matthew

Another Schneider NDA....how long do we have to wait?

Matthew, May 17, 2017
  6. Roosta

Thomas

Hi Nick,

While I believe that your hands are bound, I cannot believe that a large corporation like Schneider performs such Anti-Marketing stunts, which really do nothing but drive away their own supporters.

If one can announce a discontinuation of key products, one most certainly can also announce, at the same time, what will follow!
    This is like tossing a fox into the chicken pen.

The only hope I have is that the release notes of TK are related to a worthwhile product, and that this / those will see the light of day before another three years have passed.

Meanwhile, I honestly wish that Schneider would be out of the picture, as it is the time when they got involved, that C-Bus went on a downward spiral with a total lack of appropriate marketing and questionable support.

If this is all off the mark, then again Schneider can only blame themselves, as a lack of open communication can only breed speculation and frustration.

Thomas, May 31, 2017
  7. Roosta

NickD Moderator

As I've said a number of times around here.. I'm just the engineer.

I know what's going on but I'm not the person and this is not the place for communicating the roadmap.

I am possibly as frustrated at not being able to tell you as you are about not having an answer.

The only thing I can suggest is that you talk to your local Clipsal/Schneider rep or supplier and ask them what the replacement is. If they don't know, make them do their job and find out for you.

Nick

NickD, Jun 1, 2017
  8. Roosta

jboer

Hey, It’s been a while since I have put in a B&W MkII and as it is NY I’m not getting a reply from my usual sources, but the 5080CTL2 is still available and isn’t EOL yet? Or have I just missed that memo? It’s still on the Clipsal/SE sites so I am guessing it still around?

jboer, Jan 1, 2020
Ask a Question