C Touch Spectrum - New unit is it DOA?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by oliverboyd, Feb 4, 2014.

1. oliverboyd

oliverboyd

Hi there

I've installed a new in box Colour C-Touch Spectrum into a new installation. Rest of the network is fine, wiser installed fine and working but the C Touch just simply won't respond to touch.

Updated the firmware 3.80 and PICED is the current release.

It boots to the Clipsal screen and yet you can't press the "next" button. No response with a finger or the pen. I loaded a simple project into it and none of the buttons respond to touch either.

I rechecked the wiring, all correct & logged onto PICED -> connected to the unit and reset the calibration. No luck. Reset the unit, no luck.

The project has no errors ... it's like it's in cleaning mode zero response to touch at all.

Are there any other troubleshooting suggestions or should I contact Clipsal? I'm just a little worried as its been in storage for a while now and so I assume it's out of warranty even though its the first time it's been installed.

Cheers
    Tim

oliverboyd, Feb 4, 2014
  2. oliverboyd

Mark

Hi,

I would suggest contacting Clipsal.

The intro screen with the "next" button will accept a touch anywhere on the screen (if you get within cooee of the button it keeps the calibration, if you miss by miles then it resets back to default calibration), so if you can't get a touch to register at all then something is not healthy.

I would not recommend disassembling it yourself, as the connectors on the Spectrum are super fiddly and it's very easy to damage the cables.

Mark

Mark, Feb 5, 2014
Ask a Question