C-touch Screen

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by dav_bon, Aug 3, 2004.

1. dav_bon

dav_bon

Is there a colour touch screen available yet? Did the Gay guys install one in there unit on "The Block".

dav_bon, Aug 3, 2004
  2. dav_bon

Newman

Currently, as in today, there is no colour C-Bus Touch Screen available.

We, as CIS employees, are not allowed to talk about future products in these forums.

Newman, Aug 3, 2004
  3. dav_bon

dav_bon

But if some was already installed and shown on TV then that was in the past.

dav_bon, Aug 3, 2004
  4. dav_bon

captain

If you aren't allowed to talk about them on the forum, where are you allowed to talk about them?

captain, Aug 3, 2004
  5. dav_bon

Darren Senior Member

Andrew's point was that most CIS employees are not permitted to make promises of product delivery dates, as it causes problems if the delivery dates are not met.

CIS has announced that it will be released, we just aren't sure when.

Darren, Aug 3, 2004
  6. dav_bon

dav_bon

Poor reply

My point is still... was that a colour screen that they installed on "The Block"
    The system was definitely C-bus. So does anyone know what the screen was? If it was a Clipsal Product then how did they get it ? What do we tell our customers when they are asking for it. Sorry maybe use HPM. Does it not say something about the poor communications between Clipsal and it's Official Installers if we have to get our information from TV shows. And when we ask the question were told no comment.

dav_bon, Aug 3, 2004
  7. dav_bon

Doug

The Block Touch Screen

The touch screen the two boys installed in their unit was a HPM i-Control unit. The other alternative that you could probably use and somebody correct me if I am wrong here, is to run Homegate and attach an LG, Celtron or 3M touchscreen computer monitor to the main server and mount the monitor in a central location where it can be used for control but then can be also used for web access or whatever functionality you really want out of a PC. I hope I have been helpfull with this suggestion.

Doug Marr
    Advanced Smart Home Designs
    Mobile: 0419479571

Doug, Aug 3, 2004
  8. dav_bon

wensky

i plan to use an Lg 15' Lcd touch screen via a small multi mieda pc i also would like to use a pocket pc via a wireless network to control the network do you know of some software i can use?

wensky, Aug 3, 2004
  9. dav_bon

ramon

Blackberry Access

I use my Blackberry to access via a PC running Remotely Anywhere and C-Gate... C-Gate runs a Telnet server, hence you can telnet to it to control. I just wrote some basic shell scripts in a Linux Vitual Machine, and launch them as required... eg. open door, turn on alarm, turn on/off lights etc.... crude, but as the Blackberry can be used anywhere it gives me access where ever i am... of course if you've got Internet access and a PC you can remote control the PC and do whatever you like (i call up the C-Touch software generally and run the necessary commands) however the mobile access can sometimes come in handy.

ramon, Aug 3, 2004
  10. dav_bon

Merlin

If you are going to run the 15" touch screen then you are using home gate I would think.

Home gate ships with ServerX for web access this can be used and configured for use via a web browser on almost all devices. This is the easy and least time consuming method.

How far do you want to go with this and how much time and money do you want to spend

Merlin, Aug 3, 2004
  11. dav_bon

Jason

Homegate and a touch screen (colour)

I'm in need of a better touch screen than the C-touch, its too small, and I need colour. Is anyone running Homegate and a touch screen succesfully? I would happily buy homegate but I'm afraid that it will be very limited. I'm not happy with the type of screen attached to this post with C-touch. It works functionally but I cannot fit enough on it. Does anyone know if Clipsal have demo versions of Homegate or Schedule plus to test whether it is worth setting up? I have just finished ripping up the wall with all that is needed to fun a PC touch screen (attachment 2).
    I really want to get the most out of the stable C-bus hardware, but the touch interface is holding me back.

Attached Files:

Jason, Aug 3, 2004
  12. dav_bon

Richo

Hi,

I can see where you are coming from, but you have to understand the guys here from CIS are techincal people, we actually have little knowledge of what the marketing and sales guys are up to.

These forums are a way we can interact with our users in a direct way, helping to increase the knowledge transfer and communication.

When you have technical problems we will try to help. When you have feature suggestions we will listen.

However, presently, there are mostly technical employees on this list, and if we seem to be haveing a "no comment" attitude is most probably because we don't know.

The sales channel and offical email/phone support channels are an excellent way of finding out all the marketing and sales related queries. These forums will be an excellent way fo deally with technical issues.

I hope that helps explain the position we are in.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2004
    Richo, Aug 3, 2004
  13. dav_bon

Rolecgroup

This is my touch screen running HomeGate

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also run Homegate web facing on our website, you can control our PDA screened version and see action via webcam.

Homegate works a treat on a touch screen !! - Dynamic sliders are sooo cool if you actually run Homegate on it rather than as a web screen.

Dean.

Rolecgroup, Aug 3, 2004
  14. dav_bon

Steve Tester

Hi wnnsky,
    I have my Pocket PC controlling C-Bus.
    Installed C-Gate & wrote web pages to control C-Bus via C-Gate using supplied software & documentation on C-Gate CD.
    For general network access & control via normal PC's I used the supplied Java Applets, however my Pocket PC will not read Java Applets so I use the CGI scripts commands also supplied on the C-Gate CD for the Pocket PC page. Using frames I was able to get C-Gate responses to appear on the same page, so I had some feed back.
    See below, bed1 using CGI & Java & Pocket PC page after a get level command.
    Was a lot of work & is possibily outdated by now, however it works & is very reliable
    Only using it at home for now, havent found a customer with the same interest/requirements as yet. :)

Attached Files:

Steve Tester, Aug 3, 2004
  15. dav_bon

Rolecgroup

Wensky.

These are PDA Homegate screens we use.

These were optimised originally for Opera running on a Sharp Zaurus, but size up ok on most PDA's.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When you run Homegate in fullscreen mode you loose the Homegate border and exit button.

Hope this helps make your mind up !!

Dean.

Rolecgroup, Aug 3, 2004
  16. dav_bon

znelbok

Yes there was a demo available. I had both sent to me, but that was only after talking with CIS about homegate and schedule plus.

Mick

znelbok, Aug 4, 2004
  17. dav_bon

JackD

Schedule Plus on a Colour PC

Of course, the Schedule Plus program is "out there" and there is nothing stopping you getting a touch sensitive PC like an Advantec or something and loading Schedule Plus on that computer. I imagine that would look a lot like a "bought one" but you probably wouldn't want to stick it in a wall or it would overheat.

JackD, Aug 4, 2004
  18. dav_bon

znelbok

This thread is very close to what I have been talking about for our install at home. I think the touchscreen is too small and that a panel PC (or flush mount monitor) with a touchscreen would be better as it can do more (internet webcams/dvr etc) as well as have colour and larger screen.

Can anyone recomend a touchscreen and what touchscreen technology is best.

It would be good if we could share some of the custom graphics that have been created as well

Mick

znelbok, Aug 4, 2004
  19. dav_bon

Doug

Touchscreens

Check out this site for some decent touch screens and very well priced aswell. www.tftmonitors.com.au

Doug Marr
    Advanced Smart Home Designs

Doug, Aug 4, 2004
  20. dav_bon

Htnut

Htnut, Aug 5, 2004
Ask a Question