C Touch Screen Power Supply

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by drstoney, Jan 21, 2020.

1. drstoney

drstoney

Hi

I am new to the forum. In removing my 5000CTC Touch Screen to send it for repair I managed to blow up the power supply for the screen (oops should have been a bit more careful where the connector lay). Reading some of the other posts confirmed that I can't simply buy a new power supply and that I need a 5V supply that can actually give 5.3 to 5.6V.

The Mean Well power supply LRS-75-5 seems to be as close to what I need as I can find (although it can only go to 5.5V according to the spec). I want to build it into a power pack so am leaning to this rather than the DIN rail model mentioned in at least one of the posts.

I was wondering if anybody had used this power supply to replace the power supply for their screen. I though I would ask before I spent the time and money to buy the power supply and bits and pieces and make up the supply.

Thanks in advance for your help
    David

drstoney, Jan 21, 2020
  2. drstoney

Trevor

Hi Dave,
    What you need is an MP3289 (Jaycar $44.95) meanwell ps, it is 5 volt 14 amp adjustable to about 5.7v it is an open frame psu that will power the CTC1 AND CTC2 units, and should be fitted by a licenced electrician.

I do the repairs on all the colour touch screens in the CTC508x series as Arbor has an agreement with Clipsal to do this.

Feel free to contact me directly for any assistance you may need.

Best Regards and have a great day,
    Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Manager
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd
    Unit 36, Eastern Business Centre
    41-49 Norcal Rd Nunawading Victoria 3131

Phone : +61 3 8736 0328
    Mobile : 0404 887 463

Trevor, Jan 21, 2020
    Conformist likes this.
  3. drstoney

drstoney

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the info and help.

I have built the power supply into a power pack format to replace the original power pack.

Here are a few photos incase it helps anyone else.

Best Regards David.

Attached Files:

drstoney, Jan 27, 2020
    jboer likes this.
  4. drstoney

drstoney

Hi just some extra info on the power supply, the total cost was just under $70 AUD buying the parts from Jaycar, and reusing the 4 pin connector and lead from the old power supply.

Hope this helps

David

drstoney, Feb 4, 2020
  5. drstoney

drstoney

Hi All

Just an update on the power supply for my C-Touch Screen. Received the C-Touch back from Trevor in Arbor Australia.

Trevor did a great job in fixing the screen and turning it around quickly. He also provided great support and advice on making a replacement power supply, thanks again Trevor - great job.

I plugged the power supply in and the screen booted up and is running perfectly. I have updated the PICED project a couple of times as I took the opportunity while it was being repaired to update the screens etc. and all worked well.

The power supply seems to be working well, will run it for a few hours before tucking it away just to make sure it is all OK.

Hope this all helps someone.

Best Regards David

drstoney, Feb 14, 2020
Ask a Question