C-touch screen not working

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by paulmc, Aug 5, 2004.

1. paulmc

paulmc

I have a c-touch screen, when I power it up it initializes fine. It then proceeds to the Clipsal CIS - (Touch screen anywhere to continue) screen. I then touch anywhere on the screen and it goes to the icons I have programmed on the screen. From now on the touch screen stops working. When touching any buttons or icons on the screen, nothing seems to happen. Even the calibration and other tools buttons dont work.
    I have loaded the lastest firmware to c-touch.

paulmc, Aug 5, 2004
  2. paulmc

Wilko

I had this problem once - it happened because I disconnected the serial cable during a download. This resulted in the exact symptoms you're describing. If only I could remember how I sorted it out.. I think I just left it powered off for 10 minutes, then downloaded the program again.

If this is no good, try creating a new C-Touch program from scratch, to use as a test. Just a few screens and some buttons linking them will do. Download it and see if it works. If it does, the original one you were trying to use may be corrupt. I haven't heard of this happening to C-Touch, but with software anything's possible.

Wilko, Aug 5, 2004
  3. paulmc

Rolecgroup

Have you actually got to the calibration screen ?

I had this problem with a screen that was soooooo far out of calibration.

The solution was to create a single page with just calibration on it - upload it and poke around till you hit the button. Mine was at least 30mm away from correct.

Dean.

Rolecgroup, Aug 5, 2004
  4. paulmc

Darren Senior Member

You have most probably lost the calibration on your screen. Connect to the C-Touch and use the Transfer | Control Touchscreen | Reset Calibration menu item to reset the calibration. See the FAQ for details.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2004
    Darren, Aug 6, 2004
  5. paulmc

paulmc

Thanks for all your replies, I shall try these out. :)

paulmc, Aug 6, 2004
Ask a Question