C-touch schedules

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by D-man, Feb 3, 2005.

1. D-man

D-man

When I did the C-touch training course the instructor touched on scheduling that allow conditional functionality on scenes and groups addresses.

In other words, what I mean is for examples: I want to turn on a group address to 100% at all times except between 11pm and 6am. Or alternatively, I want to run a 'Welcome Home" scene, and during daylight hours only 2 group addresses turn on, but during dark/night hours more group addresses turn on.

As I mentioned this was only touched on, and I have not needed to program for this to date. Is there someone who can confirm this and explain how to if this is possible?

Thanks a heap! :)

D-man, Feb 3, 2005
  2. D-man

Darren Senior Member

A Schedule is simply an event (setting a Group Address to a level, or setting a Scene) which is set to happen at a particular time on particular days.

The Schedule can have an "Enable Group" assigned so that you can enable or disable it via another Group Address.

The help file discusses this in reasonable detail.

Darren, Feb 4, 2005
  3. D-man

I guess another few options would be to: -

- @ 6am, pulse the group to 100% for 17 hours.

- @ 6am turn the group on. @ 11pm have another scene to turn the group off.

I guess it all comes down to how creative you are and how well you know the software. The more you play the more you learn.

Vai

Age, Feb 10, 2005
  4. D-man

Darren Senior Member

Both of these options will work. Having 2 separate Schedules is slightly more reliable in the case where you have a power failure between 6am and 11pm. If you have a power failure, the pulse gets cancelled, and in this case the light would not get switched off at 11pm.

Darren, Feb 10, 2005
Ask a Question