C-Touch Scenes no longer working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glenn OCallaghan, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Glenn OCallaghan

Glenn OCallaghan

It started a few months ago, where pressing a scene button would do nothing, but a second press would work, but has slowly progressed. Now all scenes no longer work at all. We don't use the C-Touch screen directly much, but on testing it now, it can see the current state of a group address, but it can't change the state. E.g. A button showing 100%, if pressed will momentarily change to off, do nothing, then return to the on state. Which indicates to me it can still see the C-Bus network. And I was able to reload the Project as a test that it was still on my local Network. There have been no coding changes for years, nor network/device changes. It's been stable since install in 2006. Is this likely to be a wiring issue, internal to the C-Touch, or something else? Thanks, Glenn.

Glenn OCallaghan, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Glenn OCallaghan

Trevor

Hi Glen,
    If you are using a colour touch screen CTC1 or CTC2 then it has a transmit error. It gets worse until it stops transmitting at all.
    This can be repaired by the original manufacturer Arbor Australia (That's us)
    I can repair most problems with these and have now started to do some repairs by changing the BGA CPU's as well.
    Your transmit error can be repaired for $263.64 Ex GST, if that's all that is wrong with the unit, some also need a new cmos battery at an extra $30
    I have attached our RMA form for you to fill out and return with the unit for repair.

regards
    Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Manager
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd

Eastern Business Centre
    Unit 36, 41-49 Norcal Road, Nunawading VIC 3131, Australia

Attached Files:

Trevor, May 4, 2021
  3. Glenn OCallaghan

Glenn OCallaghan

Hi Trevor,
    It is a CTC2 (having now researched my new options). We just had a week of it working, but it's died again this morning, not being able to transmit as you describe. Thanks for getting back to me, I'll work on having it in the mail Monday. Thanks again, Glenn.

Glenn OCallaghan, May 8, 2021
  4. Glenn OCallaghan

Trevor

No worries Glenn, happy to help out and keep them going a lot longer.

regards
    Trevor

Trevor, May 9, 2021
  5. Glenn OCallaghan

Trevor

All fixed now, another happy customer. :D

Trevor, Jun 1, 2021
Ask a Question