C-Touch Scene trigger from remote Network

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Thomas, May 4, 2005.

1. Thomas

Thomas

I am considering a scenario where I have a C-Touch on Network A. All scenes are store on the C-Touch. Is it then possible to trigger a scene from Network B?

Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thomas

Thomas, May 4, 2005
  2. Thomas

Thomas

Answer?

Having dug around a bit more, would it be correct to do:

Set communication on Bridge to allow bi-directional comms, eg. on Application CA, then set remote Hex code which is to trigger a scene on local C-Touch to be the same as local Hex code on C-Touch trigger group?

Thomas, May 4, 2005
  3. Thomas

ashleigh Moderator

If you have 2 networks linked by a single bridge, then what you are suggesting will work.

In more detail:

Set the bridge to "Connect Applications", and make sure that either "Application 1" or "Application 2" are set to (hex) CA.

This will pass the trigger messages through.

It is also possible to explicitly route a message through a bridge from a remote network, this can only be done from Touchscreens and requires a lot more knowledge of the network numbers and topology.

Probably the easiest method is to set the bridge as described.

ashleigh, May 5, 2005
  4. Thomas

Thomas

Thank you Ashleigh,

Basically, there are two different actions which must take place. There is the usual switching within the networks, without influencing the neighbouring networks. Then there are global settings, i.e. across the networks, as set by the Touch Screen. These global settings need to be triggered from either network.
    As far as I am concerned, this can either be done by ensuring that all hex group addresses are unique across the networks (provided that there are no more than 255 groups). Alternatively by running Network A on a different application to Network B, and then linking the cross-communication via a third application, but ensuring uniqueness of codes across the networks.
    The second method seems to me to be the better one, and works due to the Touch Screen's ability to issue commands to specific networks. However, so far I assumed that the network communication link needs to be set on the bridge as described.
    When you say
    are you saying that the Touch Screen can issue commands across networks also if the communication link on the bridge is closed?

Thomas, May 5, 2005
  5. Thomas

ashleigh Moderator

Yes, it can (well ok the base software inside it can). I'm not sure if it can be configured to do it though. :) Not my product. :)

Hey Darren - you should be able to answer this one in no time....

ashleigh, May 5, 2005
Ask a Question