C-Touch On/Off line

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Is there a way to turn a C-Touch on/off line,apart from pulling the Cat5 out ??

Reason
    If I have a unit in place and I need to make changes to the logic or scenes, I want to stop the installed unit from sending commands to the bus until I have tested on the laptop - much faster and easier to do.

When all tests ok then reload the unit and go online.

Maybe a on/off button on the tools page that turns on/off the icon on TL corner of screen.

tks
    dave

Dave Byron, Jan 17, 2011
  2. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

Issue number 20854

Darren, Jan 17, 2011
  3. Dave Byron

NickD Moderator

Would unchecking the "master unit" box under Tools-Config do most of what you want?

This stops the unit

- sending C-Bus commands from logic
    - running schedules
    - responding to remote scene triggers

It would still send C-Bus commands from local scene triggers or other button presses.

Nick

NickD, Jan 18, 2011
  4. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Hi Nick
    Thinking about that one, when I look at Toolkit can not find the "master unit" option.
    What have I missed ???

dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Dave Byron, Jan 18, 2011
  5. Dave Byron

Newman

It is not a Toolkit parameter.

You can specify a unit as no longer a Master unit by either changing the option in the PICED project or deselecting the Master Unit option on the Tools page of the unit.

The Master Unit option is on the Tools -> Diagnostics page for a B&W or Spectrum C-Touch... I can't remember exactly where it is on Colour C-Touch.

Newman, Jan 18, 2011
  6. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Piced Help file says;
    Notes

On Colour C-Touch, the Master Unit can be selected using the Project, Edit Details Special Function. ????

On Black and White C-Touch, the Master Unit can be selected by selecting Diagnostics | Unit Data.

On PAC, the Master Unit can not be changed from the unit, but Mastering is not generally used with the PAC.

Its on the MISC page, trouble is you would have to reload the unit to turn off - a button on the Tools page a better way.
    Any how it short term will have to use the master option

tks
    dave

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Dave Byron, Jan 18, 2011
  7. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

If I have say 4 C-Touchs with Different Scenes and Logic in each of them what is the effect of;

1 all units as masters.

2 no units as masters.

Also does the below mean the unit must be a master to
    excute 3, 4, and 5 ????

The unit which is the Master Unit will operate normally. The other units (the slave units) will operate a little differently :

1. If the user presses a button which controls a C-Bus group or directly executes a scene (with no trigger), then the C-Bus commands will be sent.

2. Button presses which directly set a Scene which has a trigger or indirectly set a scene (via a trigger) will send out the trigger, but not trigger the scene.

3. Scenes can not be externally triggered.

4. Schedules can not set groups or scenes (but will still execute Special Functions and Page Links)

5. Logic can not set groups or scenes

6. Irrigation can't set groups (individual zones can still be manually run via a Special Function)

tks

dave

Dave Byron, Jan 18, 2011
Ask a Question