c-touch no back box

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Clyde, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Clyde

Clyde

We recently purchased three c-touch units, it seems that the back knockout box has been removed from the product packageing, new policy.
    If we want to install the backbox we can buy them for ?23. similar but not suitable boxes in the UK cost approx ?0.35. ( bit of a stealth tax ) :eek:

These units are not cheap, but adding another 5% to the budjet might put many future clients off.

Clyde, Sep 23, 2004
  2. Clyde

Wilko

As far as I know they've always come separately in Australia. It is quite a pricey box, but I've never used one anyway - I've only had to mount touch screens in a gyprock wall. I'm actually glad I don't have to pay an extra thirty-something dollars for a part I don't use!

Wilko, Sep 24, 2004
  3. Clyde

Clyde

Is there no need to install the equipment within a fire-proof enclosure. In the UK I am under the impression that when the fire barrier ie gyproc wall has been breeched, then a fire barrier (ie back box )with the same integrity should be used to maintain the barrier.

Also that electrical and electronic components cannot be installed within the fabric of the building unless contained with in a fire proof enclosure.

Can anyone within the UK or elsewhere please clarify if the above statements are true or if it's something that i have dreamed up.

Do other installers use the stud partition/gyproc bracket???

Clyde, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Clyde

coppo

customer feedback to blame for this one

The touchscreen was originally supplied with the wallbox.

Understandably, due to a lot of people wanting just the box, to do the FIRST FIX, CIS removed it from the touchscreen package.

Also from an economics point of view;
    Why pay $1000AUD just to get the wallbox and touchscreen, when you can buy the wall box now $30AUD, then pay the rest $900AUD in 1-2 months time, when the touchscreen is ready to go in.

Depending on your credit terms from your supplier, this may be of importance.

coppo, Nov 2, 2004
Ask a Question