C-Touch MKII Power Failure Recovery

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Thomas, May 5, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas

On a 5080CT2 I have noticed that the Enable groups do not seem to be recovered after a power failure. This influences schedules which are enabled or disabled via a relevant enable group.
    While this group would be enabled, it recovers 'OFF' after a power failure. Consequently the desired applicable action will no longer be triggered after a power failure, until the enable group has been re-enabled.

I am aware of the posting by Infolink of 15 April, but this one is a bit different.

Does anyone else experience the same?

Cheers
    Thomas

Thomas, May 5, 2008
  2. Thomas

Mark

Hi Thomas,

Sounds like it could be a bug. I'll check it out and let you know what i find.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, May 7, 2008
  3. Thomas

Thomas

Thanks Mark,

I was just beginning to think that I'll have to freeze up out here.

Thomas

Thomas, May 7, 2008
  4. Thomas

Mark

Oops

Hi Thomas,

You are correct, Enable Control levels are not being restored on power up. I'm a little mystified as lighting apps and trigger control seem to be working ok.
    I've logged this in our defect tracking system and will get it fixed in the next release.

Sorry!
    Mark.

Mark, May 9, 2008
  5. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the feedback. Your last comment suggests that Lighting and Trigger Control is recovered by the TS.
    Is that correct? If so, I wasn't aware of that.
    In that case I can use one of them to recover the geyser schedule enable function, otherwise I need to keep them permanently enabled by dropping the enable group.

Regards
    Thomas

Thomas, May 9, 2008
  6. Thomas

Mark

Hi Thomas,

Lighting application levels are recovered correctly. On closer inspection i found Trigger Control, along with Enable Control, are not restoring properly.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, May 12, 2008
Ask a Question