C-Touch lost MAC Address

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by leeandj, Dec 12, 2011.

1. leeandj

leeandj

My Colour Touch Screen has lost its MAC address. It was fine when first installed (about a month ago); it connected to my router via ethernet, automatically obtained an IP address and I was able to load the project via PICED.

A few minutes later, the touch-screen was no longer visible on the network - viewing the Networking details showed that the MAC address was not present, and all attempts to modify the networking details failed.

Error message photos attached.

PC operating system is Vista.

Any help much appreciated,
    Lee&J.

Attached Files:

leeandj, Dec 12, 2011
  2. leeandj

NickD Moderator

You say it automatically obtained an IP address, but the screenshots you posted show it is set to a Static IP.

How did you configure it? Personally I have never been able to get a Static IP to work on mine (it gave me the same MAC not found error). I use DHCP in the CTC with the DHCP server in the router set to always give the same IP to the CTC's MAC address ("Static DHCP").

Nick

NickD, Dec 12, 2011
  3. leeandj

leeandj

Hi Nick,

Initially it was set to the (default) DHCP setting, then once it failed I tried to set it to Static, but was unsuccessful. However, it retained the 'Static IP' label.

It is interesting that you say you have seen the problem with the missing MAC as tech support tell me nobody else has ever had this problem and it must be caused by my network!

Cheers,
    Lee.

leeandj, Dec 12, 2011
  4. leeandj

Sea Captain

Hi Lee

This happened to one of my C-Touch screen a few years ago. Initially I connected an aftermarket USB to Ethernet Dongle and installed the drivers with some hacking around from memory. This actually worked ok, except for the inconvenience of the dongle hanging out the side. I had a couple of spare ethernet dongles lying around and had nothing to lose (out of warranty etc). Think the one I used came from a well known Australian Entrepreneur's electronic store.

Eventually, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to pull the screen fully apart (not only out of the case, but pretty much completely disassembled). When I reassembled it, the unit's ethernet connection worked! Appears it was just a poor connection inside the unit. This unit is still going strong 2+ years later.

These are just my experiences, I'm not condoning any of the above actions, I would not recommend anyone else to try this but it worked for me. I would see if the unit can be repaired by Clipsal though, as it might be something simple for them.

Cheers
    SC

Sea Captain, Dec 13, 2011
  5. leeandj

tobex

127.0.0.1 is the self test loop address. That aint gonna happen.

tobex, Dec 13, 2011
  6. leeandj

stargaze

i am haveing the same problem all working fine untill i did a up date of the firm now no mac address this is the 2nd touch screen i have seen do this

stargaze, Sep 22, 2012
  7. leeandj

stargaze

i found a fix for this problem

stargaze, Oct 1, 2012
  8. leeandj

leeandj

Would you like to share???
    :)

leeandj, Oct 5, 2012
  9. leeandj

stargaze

pm me :D

stargaze, Oct 6, 2012
  10. leeandj

Darren Senior Member

Is there a reason why you can't share the solution with everyone?

The forum is intended for mutual support.

Darren, Oct 6, 2012
  11. leeandj

stargaze

i dont think clipsal would like the way i used to fix it as it might voild the waranty if used on a new touch screen and i rang tech support about the problem all thay said send it back and we might be able to fix at a cost the problem seams to happen when i do a up date with the fermware but not all the time as i lost so much time and money on this problem and no help from clipsal and this forum i found a way to fix it my self

stargaze, Oct 7, 2012
  12. leeandj

rogencam

mac address issue on touch screen

Hi

i am having the same problem. Just started to happen. Does anyone have a solution for this?

rogencam, Feb 8, 2014
  13. leeandj

Goran C Forum Member

Does this issue appear every time you have done a firmware update to your C-Touch.

Goran C, Feb 10, 2014
  14. leeandj

Matty

Hi Rogencam,

Can I first clarify the problem.
    Are you seeing "mac not found" on the CTC?
    Are you using the latest firmware on the unit (4.12.1)?

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Feb 10, 2014
Ask a Question