C-touch HTML Viewing

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by muppets, Nov 9, 2007.

1. muppets

muppets

Don't know if any of you guys are familiar with the bom website with radar images managed to find a link on the web to the radar only (no border/title etc) can provide link if requested (pm). It appears to work well with the piced program on the pc but when loaded onto the c-touch there seems to be no navigation available on the page also I get just 1 picture to view - there is meant to be a loop of 4 pictures showing the direction of travel of rain.

I presume the pages uses java - confirmed just looked at the source and it is java.

Is this standard with html viewing?

any ideas?

muppets, Nov 9, 2007
  2. muppets

muppets

Further to my earlier post:

have loaded the whole page - the page came up with an error displaying page requires a browser that enables scripting.

What browser and compatibility version is currently in use on the c-touch? I assumed that it would be ie 7 compatible with java? Must stop assuming I assume.

Will give u guys some time to read and tell me what i am doing wrong.

Page i linked to whole is http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/I...opography=true&locations=true&range=true#skip

The other page i am trying to use is from another site and is awesome (size, picture and config much better) however I think it is meant to be a subscribed site - found a backdoor.

muppets, Nov 9, 2007
  3. muppets

Richo

the colour c-touch does not have java installed. You can link to the static images form the BOM site thou. The image link is automatically updated every 10 minutes or so, so just set the page to reload. This may be possible by using the webcam component and setting the url for the image to the BOM image.

Richo, Nov 9, 2007
  4. muppets

muppets

np thanx for the info - will see if i can find an animated gif of what i am after that update on the net.

Is there any possibility of including java in the os in any new updates?

muppets, Nov 9, 2007
  5. muppets

Richo

I'm not really in a position to say where Java will be part of the C-Touch in the future. I believe it unlikely until the hardware is upgraded as it stretchs the capabilities of the current processor and ram.

Richo, Nov 9, 2007
Ask a Question