C-Touch firmware update crash

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by davdj, Jan 3, 2005.

1. davdj

davdj

Hi All,

We started trying the new C-Touch software and after updating the firmware supplied with the Beta software, the C-Touch will not boot. It powers up with a blank screen. I cannot connect using RS-232 or C-bus. The C-touch software has been a bit unstable, but didn't crash when uploading firmware.

I assume the C-Touch will have to be returned to CIS for reprogramming?

Regards

David J

davdj, Jan 3, 2005
  2. davdj

Darren Senior Member

Is the unit ticking ?

If so, the software is running and has detected a failure in the firmware download. This should not prevent future downloads to the unit.

Darren, Jan 5, 2005
  3. davdj

davdj

Hi,

When we did the initial upload, the unit was ticking. Upon resetting it, the screen just goes blank with no ticking. I tried to connect to it a number of times, but no luck.

davdj, Jan 5, 2005
  4. davdj

davdj

Hi,

Played with the display last night and found something interesting. If I powered the C-touch while already connected to my laptop, it wouldn't work. Display was blank, no ticking and no communication.
    However, if I powered the C-touch without being connected to the laptop it worked find and I was able to download the software.(should be called upload cause you are sending software ?)

All is ok now. Thanks

Cheers

davdj, Jan 5, 2005
  5. davdj

Darren Senior Member

All references to "download" and "upload" have been changed to "transfer to unit" and "transfer from unit" respectively in the latest software.

Darren, Jan 5, 2005
Ask a Question