C-Touch error 14700

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MJS, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MJS

MJS

Hi All,

Customer complained that C-Touch was only responding occasionally and when it did very slowly. We did the disaster recovery routine, but were unable to get much past the boot routine. To try to eliminate possible issues with the install, the screen was brought back to be bench checked. (different PSU)

With further testing, initially it seems that everything is fine until it warms up, the backlight and screen intermittently flashes and response is slow if at all.

I reset the screen and the following error is generated: "Error communicating with auxiliary processor. Error "No response" with command "Initialise"

The unit is about 3 years old, but only installed about 18 months ago (construction delays), it has no schedules or scenes and only a small amount of logic.

Does anyone know of an issue like this and what can be done to sort this out?

Thanks
    Michael

Attached Files:

MJS, Mar 15, 2011
  2. MJS

Darren Senior Member

It sounds like some sort of hardware failure.

Darren, Mar 15, 2011
  3. MJS

Woody

Have had the same issue for the last 12month or so. Would eventually get past the bootup process if power supply turned off for 10min cycles. Once working it would be fine until a power interruption. have replaced the cap 81 & power supply as a last ditch effort.
    Screen starts up fine after a full tear down, Then once it warms up seems to come back.
    My guess is also hardware issue. Is there a magic bullet like the cbus comms issue with the cap 81

Woody, May 10, 2020
  4. MJS

Trevor

Hi Woody,

Sorry but there is no magic bullet, Arbor Australia originally designed and built these for Clipsal 13 Years ago, we are still supporting them by providing a repair service.

The issue you describe may indicate that the Aux CPU that has a ball grid array for PCB connection may have a dry joint either external or internal, or it could be a RAM problem. We charge a small fee to investigate a repair, deductible from the repair cost if the unit can be repaired. I have attached an RMA form for you to complete and send in with the repair if you need to.

If your unit is a CTC2 i do have exchange units available for resale as well.

Best Regards and have a great day

Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Manager
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd
    JEA Technologies

Eastern Business Centre
    Unit 36, 41-49 Norcal Road, Nunawading VIC 3131, Australia
    Phone +61 3 8736 0328
    Mobile 0404 887 463
    Email Address’s
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Company Web Sites
    https://arbor-technology.com/gl/Home
    https://jeatech.com.au/

Attached Files:

Trevor, May 11, 2020
    Conformist likes this.
  5. MJS

Woody

Cheers Trevor,
    No worries have had you fix our screens in the past. Was just seeing if I could fix anything my end before sending interstate. I'll package it up and send it your way.

Woody, May 17, 2020
Ask a Question