C-Touch download - "Range Check Error"

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by wilkss, Nov 24, 2004.

1. wilkss

wilkss

Folks, would appreciate some help. I need to update my C-Touch system, and have rebuilt the relevant XML file.

I can check the project with no errors, and can connect to CBus and CTouch (ie, can upload the current screen to the PC).

However, when I attempt to download the current project to CTouch, *after* the 'connecting' dialog, I get a pop up box which says "Range Check Error", with "CTouch" in the title bar.

Have checked the FAQ, this forum, and Google all to no avail.

Any thoughts?

-- Stephe

wilkss, Nov 24, 2004
  2. wilkss

Michael

have seen this before.....

Try creating a new project and then:
    - import pages from the original project
    - delete the 'new page' created by the new project
    - re-assign all settings under 'project details'
    - save as something else.

Then...... download...... :D

Cheers,

Michael

Michael, Nov 24, 2004
  3. wilkss

Richo

Hi,

Would you be prepared to send the project to Clipsal if we need it to replicate the problem? I can email you direct with a relevant contact details (I have your email address from the forums so no need to post it).

Richo, Nov 24, 2004
  4. wilkss

Darren Senior Member

If you have hacked your XML file then there are many possible reasons why the software would crash. It is not a good idea to modify the XML files directly.

Give Michael's suggestion a go, and if that fails, send the project files to Clipsal.

Darren, Nov 24, 2004
  5. wilkss

wilkss

Problem solved - C-Touch download - "Range Check Error"

Folks --

I cannot believe how useful a thing a user community (with support!) is...

Problem now solved, new file uploaded.

1. I had not 'hacked' the .xml file, had used the C-Touch program to edit it and create the new one (my problem was that I had lost the file that was last downloaded, and hence had to work from a very old version, essentially a rebuild).

2. I went with Michael's suggestion - created a new project, single import of the old file, get rid of "New Page", and voila!

3. Very happy to make the old .xml file available to Clipsal for investigation (if nothing else, at least there is now an entry in the forum for "Range Check Error") (with the caveat that this is a very rough cut - to be polished later!!!).

Thanks folks.

-- Stephe

wilkss, Nov 25, 2004
Ask a Question