C-Touch Download Fails

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jasonhb, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jasonhb

jasonhb

Hi All,

I am unable to connect directly to a C-Touch 5200 B&W touch panel so am going via C-Bus Toolkit.

It tells me that the download fails every time and I cannot update firmware or get any meaningful communication from the touch panel.

Toolkit sees the panel and reports back status etc, and I have the correct address.

Any ideas

Jason

jasonhb, Nov 27, 2012
  2. jasonhb

NickD Moderator

When transferring a project via C-Bus, it is critical that the touch screen firmware version is compatible with PICED. There is a big warning on PICED about the consequences of not checking this.

If the project was installed some time ago, it is most likely that the touch screen firmware was quite old and not compatible. The firmware has to be updated by direct connection unfortunately.

If this is the case, you will either need to connect directly, or find out what version firmware is in the unit and use a matching (old) version of PICED.

Nick

NickD, Nov 28, 2012
Ask a Question