C-Touch connection through CNI

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by rmm1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rmm1

rmm1

I can connect to my C-Touch through the Direct connection and crossover cable.
    My laptop is 10.1.1.4 subnet 255.255.255.0
    CTouch is 10.1.1.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 (I set this using the Direct connect button in the Ctouch network dialog).

BUT how do I connect via my WISER and CNI to the touch screen? - I would rather do this than having to remove the Fascia everytime.

I have all the IP addresses subnets and gateway (10.1.1.1) set properly.

My laptop can connect to the wiser and the CBUS network but it just cannot see the CTouch through my LAN.

rmm1, Jun 23, 2010
  2. rmm1

Newman

The Colour Touchscreen has an Ethernet port on the back of it. If you connect this port to your LAN, and your PC is connected to your LAN, you will be able to connect to the Colour C-Touch without removing the fascia.

The Wiser has the ability to function as your primary LAN router, or you can use it as just an Ethernet switch. From memory, the DHCP server is turned on by default. If you are using static IP's and/or you have another device acting as a DHCP server on your network, then this is best turned off.

Connecting to, and downloading projects to a Colour C-Touch is all covered in the PICED help file. Some more information about how your LAN is configured and wired, and the exact steps you're going through, and where it's failing, will be necessary to diagnose what's going on further.

Newman, Jun 23, 2010
  3. rmm1

rmm1

Thanks, I only have the CBUS pink cable connected to the C-Touch. The installer should have also run an Ethernet cable to the C-Touch - am I right that this is probably the problem?

I thought I could network to it via the Pink cable.

rmm1, Jun 23, 2010
  4. rmm1

Matty

Hi rmm1,

The pink cable is only talks C-Bus.
    You need an ethernet connection between your PC and colour C-Touch to change its programming.
    To save you having to remove the fascia on your colour C-Touch you'll need to get the installer to connect it to the LAN. Once the colour C-Touch is connected to the same LAN as the wiser you can reprogram the colour C-Touch via the wiser.

When connecting to the colour C-Touch via a LAN use the 'auto search' setting in the transfer utility.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Jun 23, 2010
Ask a Question