C-Touch Colour Problems - Stuck at Startup Screen

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by connectedsmart, Oct 11, 2012.

1. connectedsmart

connectedsmart

I am doing some work for a client with a c-touch colour touch screen and I am having troubles with the screen booting. It was working fine, up until one day when it would not pass the C-Bus/Clipsal logo on boot. It is not asking for a project file, it just wont move. Any suggestions?

connectedsmart, Oct 11, 2012
  2. connectedsmart

Mr Mark

Might have to re-load the project...

Mr Mark, Oct 11, 2012
  3. connectedsmart

Matty

Hi connectedsmart,

If the unit doesn't reach the stage where you briefly see message 'Starting please wait', then you may have some faulty hardware.

If you see an icon labelled 'Disaster Recovery' you'll need to use this to reload the factory blank project. Otherwise it may have already defaulted to the factory blank project. At this point you should be able to transfer your own project to unit.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Oct 11, 2012
  4. connectedsmart

connectedsmart

Yeah, I will give that a try. Do I need to be directly connected via the cross over cable or could i plug it into a network switch and do it that way because dont have a cross-over cable and the RS232 cant be used for programming.

connectedsmart, Oct 11, 2012
  5. connectedsmart

Matty

You can connect your PC into a network switch if the CTC is connected to one. If the CTC isn't connected to a network use the front socket and a cross over cable.

Matty, Oct 12, 2012
Ask a Question