C-Touch Color: Internal Error

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by arakawa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. arakawa

arakawa

I?m receiving the "C-Bus v2.0 Internal Error" every time I try to use one of the buttons that control a DSI Gateway. It started after I tried to add some code that would display the color composed by an RGB lamp system.
    Now, even after removing all logic (through the "new logic" button), the touch screen keeps giving me this error.

I?m using PICED 3.4.1.0, Toolkit 1.3.0, Homegate 3.3.0 on the CTC. My network is a PC Interface 5500PC, General Input 5504GI and a DSI gateway L5508DSI, the burden is on the gateway.
    All group names have only numbers and letters on their names, there are no level labels.

I did some more digging, the ctc doesn?t recognize the group?s names. On the ctc logs, they appear as a square or blank character. On the toolkit application log, they show up with the correct names.

Any toughts on what might I have been doing wrong...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2006
    arakawa, Apr 10, 2006
  2. arakawa

Darren Senior Member

It sounds like you have something unusual about your C-Bus project which is incompatible with the export to the V2 format for the colour C-Touch transfer. You will need to send your project archive to tech support so they can have a look.

Darren, Apr 12, 2006
  3. arakawa

arakawa

Sent it earlier today. The weird thing is that I only used PICED. Ever. The system is brand new, the first thing that I did was get the latest software/firmware and install it.

arakawa, Apr 12, 2006
  4. arakawa

coppo

reply to forum request

Even though this was replied directly by email to the "poster", I have posted
    this information to inform others and reduce further postings on it.

The problem originated from the default local network that was programmed in
    Toolkit. The programmer used network address = 250, this was the only network in the project.

SHORT VERSION:
    Most software CIS creates today defaults to network address=254.
    When the project is transferred to the colour ctouch there is a conversion process that goes on.

If you do not have 254 as your network address ON A SINGLE NETWORK project,
    it will cause an error message when downloaded to the ctouch.

THE FIX:
    In the Toolkit software "readdress" the local network to 254.

Then start PICED software and open the offending project.
    When you open the project the PICED 340 software is quite smart and
    recognises the change, it prompts you "asking if you want it to update your
    PICED project as well" to suit the new toolkit configuration.

Select network254 from the drop down list, then OK, then select the network again in the "network" select option window.....

All Fixed :)

====================================

coppo, Apr 12, 2006
Ask a Question