C-Touch capabilities?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by brodsky, May 12, 2006.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi,

I have few questions regarding CTC that I can't find answers on in the forum yet.

1. We have an installation which is due in a month where there are 5 colour TS's going in. We sold it to client on basis that he can also see his 5 IP cameras on them. According to me we would now feed these cams and TS's to a switcher. My concern: Would the 5 CTC's run flawlessly in this network setup & would we be able to display the 5 cams + audiio on the CTC's. We already have the CTC's, so if we need to upgrade the firmware, could it be done?

2. We have 2 holiday homes where the clients want remote access capabilities via internet. I see that the CTC's can't act as a CNI. Could we establish that then by using a CNI, CTC and standard modem on a ethernet LAN. Would it work or does the client need to have a seperate running pc with Homegate loaded as well. That would seem like a waste. Tied in to that again is the question regarding IP cameras.

Are the CTC's able to deliver as promised in the manuals, or is it still a pie in the sky? These are the type of requirements that we sell the CTC's on.

Thanks
    Brodsky :cool:

brodsky, May 12, 2006
  2. brodsky

ashleigh Moderator

I do not suggest you sell a product if it will not do exactly what you want. :)

Refer here: http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2379

PICED 3.6 is now released for download.

CTC Firmware 3 is also released for new CTC's being built.

A card exchange will be announced soon.

This release will support a VERY LIMITED number of web cameras.

A future release will increase the camera support, however there is no timescale on this. When this happens, the flash card will NOT need to be exchanged again.

If you are not using the camera(s) that are supported in this release, you will have problems.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2006
    ashleigh, May 14, 2006
  3. brodsky

ashleigh Moderator

FIRST: See post above

As above, you will struggle if the cameras are not the supported ones. In GENERAL, cameras built on the WinBond chipset *should* work, but only those (that are about to be) sold by Clipsal have been tested. Camera support will be improved in a future release of PICED.

What do you mean by a switcher?

How are you feeding the TS to a switcher?

What are you switching?

CTC's cannot act as a CNI, and this will not ever be possible (its all down to software, and vast amounts at that).

ashleigh, May 14, 2006
  4. brodsky

Darpa

Hey Ashleigh,

I could be wrong, but until he answers, I assume what he means by "switcher" is an old-style video switcher, of the kind used in NON-IP based systems...

Be interesting to see if that is what he meant...

Darpa, May 14, 2006
  5. brodsky

brodsky

Hi Ashleigh,

What I mean is this. I'm feeding analogue cameras into a modulator which then convert it to an IP base and give it IP addresses. This is then fed into a LAN hub/switcher together with my 5 touchscreen to display these images on the CTC.
    I did sell this feature to client based on the CTC manual regarding this. :mad:

Will this work??

Brodsky

brodsky, May 15, 2006
  6. brodsky

ashleigh Moderator

So you are feeding cameras into a magic brick that turns them into web cameras.

You will almsot certainly NOT be able view these on the CTC with the current (latest) firmware release. If your magic brick uses the winbond chipset, it may work, but it will most likely not be at all easy.

I'd suggest when the flash card update process is publicised that you take this up anyhow because it adds all the infrastructure you will need in future.

A further release (probably next release) of PICED is planned to have vastly improved web camera support.

As usual we cannot give release dates - but it is very high on the priority list right now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006
    ashleigh, May 15, 2006
  7. brodsky

brodsky

Thanks,

What about remote monitoring/control over internet?

Brodsky

brodsky, May 16, 2006
  8. brodsky

ashleigh Moderator

As above: CTC's cannot act as a CNI, and this will not ever be possible (its all down to software, and vast amounts at that).

Your most feasible option is a PC running HomeGate, and using ServerX.

Alternatively you could try and get hold of one of these: http://www.cisasia.com.my/products/softPG.asp

You won't be able to order them from CIS Australia, though.

ashleigh, May 16, 2006
Ask a Question