C-Touch BW hangs after project upload

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by tobex, Oct 22, 2010.

1. tobex

tobex

I recently took delivery of some new "old stock" B/W C-Touch (DOM: 2005). The first such panel I installed on the network had no problems at all updating its firmware. That went really well.

I find that after it has a project sent to it via PICED (latest) it will sit in a state of suspended animation on warm-reboot. The progress bar sits on 25% and doesn't move any further. Firmware has been upgraded from 2005 to the latest possible in the current Toolkit. The projects are being sent over C-Bus Network / 5500CN.

Otherwise it works fine. A hard reset pulling the power seems to resolve the issue. It is one of the first models which came out and runs entirely on C-Bus power at 40mA.

Is there something I am supposed to do so that when I send new projects so that it will happily reboot and go all the way through.

Would wiping the memory help in any way ?

Could low voltage (29V) be a factor ?

tobex, Oct 22, 2010
  2. tobex

Darren Senior Member

I haven't heard of this happening. Generally we recommend transferring projects via the serial cable if possible, as the transfer via C-Bus is very slow. Do you know if this problem occurs when using the serial cable too?

No. It should just reset after the transfer.

No. This is done as part of the transfer anyway.

It will work fine down to below 20V.

Darren, Oct 22, 2010
  3. tobex

tobex

Initially it was doing the same thing via serial cable too. Then I decided to watch it very closely and I noticed that it would reboot fine, load the progress bar and then go clear, load the progress bar again and stop at 25% approx.

I decided to flash the unit firmware again and I notice that this time around it tends to go to the splash screen normally "Touch screen anywhere .... "

Other times it would go to the very first menu with the firmware numbers listed.

I am going to keep an eye on it and see how it keeps behaving. For the moment I am using the COM port cable. Next phase is to try the same again over C-Bus via the 5500CN.

tobex, Oct 22, 2010
  4. tobex

tobex

Subsequent to the second flashing. The unit codes correctly over Serial or C-Bus. At this stage all appears normal. I had two such units and I confirmed that by flashing both of them twice I was successful in transmitting projects over the C-bus and COM port.

I even managed to use a USB-Serial cable for my newer PC and had no issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    tobex, Oct 24, 2010
Ask a Question