C-touch alarm feedback trouble

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by janine, Mar 31, 2006.

1. janine

janine

Hi :)

i have a minder panel with an LEM03 expansion module from comfort installed. The expansion module works fine with arming/disarming etc. it picks up the zone status over the keypads, but as soon as i put this into c-touch...nothing. i have scanned through numerous examples and i'm certain that i have set it all up properly, but i get no feedback on the c-touch screen. previously i got it to work, but the last 8 zones on the expansion module weren't displayed on the c-touch, so i reorganised the zones, but now i get nothing...no feedback/status whatsoever. can u give me some ideas i can use for trouble shooting. cause i have no idea what else to check anymore...

Thanks
    Janine

janine, Mar 31, 2006
  2. janine

Darren Senior Member

Darren, Apr 3, 2006
  3. janine

Hugert

Hi Janine .

I have encountered the same problem on one of our installs and i ended up replacing the slave module to resolve the problem . It works perfectly fine on the alarm side of things but gives no feedback to the ucm so that the ucm can change the status of a group adress in the touch screen . Also i encountered a lot of false alarms from the zones that were hooked up to the slave panel . the false alarms also stopped after replacing the slave .

Hope that helps

Regards

Hugert, Apr 3, 2006
  4. janine

janine

Thanks Hugert

Hi :)

That does help funnily enough, but i'd like to know why though :)
    does it have something to do with the firmware? is it a fault with the slave panel? were u reimbursed for that module that was "faulty"?

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Janine

janine, Apr 5, 2006
  5. janine

Hugert

Yes , i just returned it to clipsal and they swopped it for me .

What the cause of it was , is really a question that i still have to figure out , i guess it might be a firmware issue on the chip that is placed on the slave board , but i didnt investigate it much further as time was limited at the time and the client was getting annoyed with all the false alarms .

Regards:)

Hugert, Apr 6, 2006
Ask a Question