C-Lution

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jacksim, May 12, 2005.

1. jacksim

jacksim

Hi Gurus,

i'm back...

yah, going to have a c-lution control project in oversea, but i dun really understand how it works.

my understanding is, it is a real time monitor software for c-bus system, also link up with a security system.

Just like to know is the software user friendly?

Try to download the software from clipsal/cis but it is a update version. Just want to know more about this before i'm depart from mu country.

Anything i need to prepare?

Jack

jacksim, May 12, 2005
  2. jacksim

Richo

C-Lution is a rebranding of the Citect SCADA product. C-lution ships with C-Bus drivers for C-Gate (designed for C-gate 1.5, not sure how it goes with C-Gate 2.x).

C-Lution is very powerfull and flexible. Consequently you may find quite a learning curve getting up to speed with it, especially if you want to use CiCode (proprietory scripting language within C-Lution).

I'm not sure about security system drivers for it. I don't believe that C-Lution ships with any security system drivers, but drivers may be available from Citect as they have native drivers for hundreds of devices. Although there drivers are normal targetting PLC's as the product has a Industrial Automation heritage.

Richo, May 13, 2005
  3. jacksim

jacksim

Hi Richo,
    Thanks for your reply, but currently i'm waiting for my senior to send me a detail on the new project.

Yah, my understand is, the security system called Sentinel (ST's product). there is a piece of card attached with, we called it C-bus control card. So, user can use the security KeyPad or dial in to trigger Clipsal controls (relay/dimmer).
    Meaning, C-Lution can control the security system as well.

Will post our work of scope for the new project later.

Appreciated you share your expert knowledge.

jacksim, May 13, 2005
  4. jacksim

CC&C

I know this is of little help, but I just checked the Citect Drivers list and Sentinel isn't listed. It sounds like it is hard wire to C-bus inputs/outputs from what you described. As Richo says, Citect (C-Lution) is very powerful and with the right drivers can communicate with a wide range of mainly industrial controllers. From my experience with Citect it isn't as simple to setup and get going as you would be used to with a C-Bus system. However, it can perform a lot more things with logic, trending, animation, etc. once you get into it. I'd find out before you go as to who can provide you with support, I would assume it would be Clipsal??

Regards, CC&C.

CC&C, May 13, 2005
  5. jacksim

ashleigh Moderator

The Sentinal panel is not a Clipsal supported product, so we have no idea what it does or how it does it. We know of ST but have not had a lot to do with them for some time.

Just because it has a cbus interface does no mean that you can control the security panel over cbus.

Check the panel specs VERY carefully, or ask for the complete list of panel capabilities before you spend lots of time and $.

**MOST** security panels that interface to cbus are able to transmit commands into the bus (to control lights and so on) BUT ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT ANYTHING BACK. There are some new developments we know of in this field but we cant say more yet.

ashleigh, May 13, 2005
  6. jacksim

jacksim

Hi Gentlements,

i'm sad to tell, my new project for C-Lution is cancelled. Due to some business reason.

Anyway, i'm appreciated all of the comments from you guys with prompt respond!!

Have a good day!!

jacksim, May 16, 2005
Ask a Question