C-gate "tree" command

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by more-solutions, Feb 2, 2007.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

Is there any documentation that explains in detail what the status shown in the response to a "tree" command mean?

For example, if the network shows "error" what can cause that? If the network is "ok" but several units show "error" what does that mean?

I have a specific case where the whole network appears to operrate correctly but all units except the CNI are showing "error". I need to know whether there is a problem I should look for and if so where I should look. Re-syncing the network makes no difference (ie "do N sync" where N is the network number).

This is all with Toolkit 1.5.3 (I think, I'm not at the PC right now as it doesn't have net access, but definitely 1.5.x).

more-solutions, Feb 2, 2007
  2. more-solutions

Phil.H

C-Bus messages can get around a network that has marginal comms, however when you try to scan the network which requires much higher comms rates the whole thing falls over. How sound are your network N comms. Voltage, burden, clock pulse etc ???

PS, plug in burdens are the way to go ;)

Phil.H, Feb 2, 2007
  3. more-solutions

Richo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2007
    Richo, Feb 3, 2007
  4. more-solutions

more-solutions

If I check using Toolkit's "ping" the voltages all look good. If anything some of the networks may be over-powered, not underpowered. The networks all have burdens. As far as I know they all have one clock source (they all have at least one - on the CNI - and as far as I know that's the only one they have).

In most cases that's what we have, and it's always in the CNI. In some cases the CNI is not at one end of the network and in those cases a software burden (at the CNI) is used. I don't know which is the case on the networks giving problems, but it gives me something to look at when I go back to site. (There are 30+ networks on this job and its hard to keep track!)

more-solutions, Feb 5, 2007
  5. more-solutions

more-solutions

more-solutions, Feb 5, 2007
Ask a Question