C-gate and Windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Toadette, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Toadette

Toadette

I have connected to my C-bus system using my Sony Vaio 64 bit laptop running Windows 7 in the past, but today, after a year of not connecting, I ran into a C-gate problem that prevents me from connecting. I have an error 14137 "C-gate disconnected unexpectedly. PICED cannot operate without a C-gate connection and needs to be closed". The same happens when I try to run the C-bus toolkit. I have uninstalled C-gate, and reinstalled it - version 11.0.3 (it came from a CGate1103 zip file).

I have found a copy of the program on my old 32 bit Sony/Windows XP laptop that runs fine, but this computer is dying! What do I do in the future to keep my C-bus system working?

Toadette, Sep 29, 2013
  2. Toadette

jboer

Hey I am not sure what C-Gate you are running as it is only up to v2.9

I would suggest downloading the latest toolkit from here: http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/c-bus_toolkit and running the installer as that will install the latest C-Gate version as well as toolkit.

I would say that if it has been at least a year since you have connected you may have an old version... The other thing is that it is probably not C-Gate's fault, but something that has changed on your computer..

jboer, Sep 29, 2013
  3. Toadette

Toadette

Updated

Thank you for the heads-up - I have downloaded the latest software, and my C-gate now works.

I now have some other problems, but will start a new thread.

Toadette, Sep 30, 2013
Ask a Question