C-Gate accessing a network over a bridge

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MHeaton, Feb 21, 2019.

1. MHeaton

MHeaton

I have a situation where there are two networks (see attached picture). When I connect C-Gate via the PCI onto network 250 I am unable to control devices on network 254. I just get a 408 Operation Failed error.

If I connect to the Wiser 1 I can get to the second network. Please can you advise whether I need to invoke some additional c-Gate commands to get it to locate devices over the bridge

Attached Files:

MHeaton, Feb 21, 2019
  2. MHeaton

Wonkey

This configuration appears to be somewhat strange.
    Explaining the why you need to do this may help the community give you a good answer.

Points to note when using toolkit the concept is that you have one way into that network.
    This is because C-Gate needs to know what route to take to communicate commands when programming units.
    Also C-Gate changes it messages when it has to go over a bridge to control a GA.
    ( Think of it as approaching a Cross road from the North or South.
    If you approach from the North and I from the South to arrive at the same destination we each would have different instructions, I would turn right and you left. )
    Not knowing why you need to do this you have a few choices.
    either 2 different projects (not recommended as you would need to keep them aligned)
    change the connection method when wanting to use the alternate PCI/wiser in toolkit.

Wonkey, Feb 27, 2019
Ask a Question