C-bus2 to c-bus compatibility

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lighthouse Electrical, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Lighthouse Electrical

Lighthouse Electrical

Hi guys, I just tried to install a c-bus USB PC interface into a c-bus2 system and although toolkit recognised all units it said non were responding. Is this a backwards compatibility issue? Also I tried configuring a c-bus switch on the network and it didn't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lighthouse Electrical, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Lighthouse Electrical

chromus

CBUS/CBUS2 is the same thing to us, as I understand it the internal chipsets are slightly different, but thats what Clipsal worry about, the interface is the same.

Have you checked:
    * The address of your new device isnt conflicting with a device already on the network
    * The new device has the same network number as the existing network
    * Does the new unit get both lights on and solid (I assume its the DIN 5500PCU)
    * Have you exceeded the network supply current by adding the new unit
    * Have you enabled the clock/burden on the new unit - maybe disable the burden, clock enabled should help not hinder.

chromus, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Lighthouse Electrical

Lighthouse Electrical

Hi Chromus,

Yeah it's a 5500pcu never had this issue before it's always been plug and play.

I find it really strange how almost all the units show as not responding on toolkit. I haven't enabled the clock/burden but maybe it was factory set. I'll have to go back and check.

Really appreciate you getting back to me

Lighthouse Electrical, Sep 15, 2019
Ask a Question