C-Bus with Iconic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daniel, Jun 7, 2017.

1. daniel

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Here is a Schneider FAQ for installing an Iconic switch plate to control C-Bus via DINAUX/Bus Coupler:

http://www.schneider-electric.com.au/en/faqs/FA302913/

I'm curious whether you all think this would represent a viable alternative to C-Bus Saturn / C-Bus Saturn Zen switches, or whether you think there'd still be a need for dedicated C-Bus Iconic switches, and if so, why? Features? Cost? Installation convenience? Other?

daniel, Jun 7, 2017
  2. daniel

Roosta

While it is a work around I personally dont believe its a viable solution, but may be a bandaid.

-$210 for the coupler, and then add mechs, and additional time to wire. So a basic 1g switch at about $260 and a 4g at $350.. Adds up fast!

-No LED indicators unless you add further additional wiring, involving 240v to the plate. This is a no no for me.

-Need DLT/eDLT variants aswell.. Cos well u know, everything has to match!

-Functionality needs to be at least equivalant to the 5031NMML firmware..

I personally just cant work out why you guys didnt just jump straight in with a 5031NMML and NMS reworked into a 40series mech..

There has been a couple of high end builders in my area that have now moved to other brands/solutions due to the lack of a CBUS slim/iconic option and a general feeling of lack of development which is only fuelled further by negative contractors..

Anyways just my 2 cents..

Roosta, Jun 7, 2017
    Memphix likes this.
  3. daniel

jasonson

This exactly.

Better yet, why not release a 30 series adapter plate so 30 series mechs can be adapted to 40 series (iconic) plates.

Had a thought to 3D print a button face and adapter plate but it would be tricky as the 30 series mechs are a TIGHT squeeze into the 40 series hole.

jasonson, Jul 6, 2017
  4. daniel

Memphix

Although the solution to using Iconic via AUX and Couplers is clever, its not a go-to solution.

As previously stated, simplify it by creating 40 series housing for the 30 series C-bus brains. C-Bus could do with a new release, especially to back its latest decor.

Why not add a dedicated trailing edge dimmer while your at it :)

Memphix, May 14, 2019
  5. daniel

NickD Moderator

upload_2019-5-17_13-28-50.png

NickD, May 17, 2019
    Conformist and Roosta like this.
Ask a Question