C-Bus Wireless scenes

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by adame, Mar 22, 2009.

1. adame

adame

If I have a C-Bus Wireless scene that, when called, sets the brightness of a particular light to 50%, will the brightness ramp up from 0 (or down from 100) OR will it jump straight to 50?

i.e. do the scenes FADE softly, or jump HARSHLY?

Thanks!

adame, Mar 22, 2009
  2. adame

ashleigh Moderator

When you define the scene, you define the groups and levels for that scene. You also define a ramp rate for the scene which will be applied to all of the groups in the scene.

Then when you trigger the scene, the levels will go there at the rate you defined.

You can have instant, or a ramp, at any of the standard cbus ramp rates.

ashleigh, Mar 22, 2009
  3. adame

adame

Thanks heaps ashleigh!

Can all this be doing using Learn Mode, or is a PC required?

EDIT: If it can't be programmed via Learn Mode, what is the C-Bus Wireless default ramp rate?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    adame, Mar 22, 2009
  4. adame

Newman

The default ramp rate for C-Bus Wireless Scenes set up in Learn Mode is 4 seconds. That means that if the lights are off, and the scene sets a level of 50% on all lights, they'll get there in about 2 seconds.

Using C-Bus Toolkit you can program a ramp rate of Instant, 4s, 8s, 12s, ... 17 minutes.

Newman, Mar 22, 2009
  5. adame

adame

Thanks for your help.

Four seconds is probably enough. The only trouble with using a PC is that I'd have to connect the PC programmer to the 240v supply somehow. I'm not a qualified electrician so I guess it's just a matter of buying a 240v 10A rated cable (with an Australian plug on one end) and getting someone who is licensed to connect it?

Clipsal, you need to make a simple, low-cost wireless programmer that is powered by USB and does not require a 240v supply, a wireless gateway, a PC interface module, or a C-Bus power supply.

adame, Mar 23, 2009
  6. adame

ashleigh Moderator

Yes, I know :(

ashleigh, Mar 23, 2009
  7. adame

adame

I purchased some C-Bus wireless units. I have a single plug adapter (dimmer) and remote control.

Can I program a scene (via Learn Mode) on the remote so that when I press a button it sets the brightness of the plug adapter to 20%? If so, how? The instructions only talk about how to program scenes on wall switches.

Thanks!

adame, Mar 27, 2009
  8. adame

NickD Moderator

You can program the plug adapter the same way as you would a wall plate.. the only catch is that on the plug adapter, button 1 is the *bottom* button..

This is consistent with the wall plate button assignments in that button 1 is the one that by default dims down, whereas button 2 dims up, and it wouldn't make sense to have the top button on the plug adapter dim down by default!

Nick

NickD, Mar 27, 2009
  9. adame

adame

Thanks Nick.

But what about creating scenes on the remote itself?

adame, Mar 28, 2009
  10. adame

Newman

Because the remote control is battery powered it is a transmit-only device. As such, it cannot have scenes stored on it.

To create a Scene simply create the scene on the Plug Adaptor, assign that scene to one of the buttons on the plug adaptor and then link one of the buttons on the remote control to the scene button on the plug adaptor. That should get you going.

Newman, Mar 29, 2009
  11. adame

adame

Thanks; worked brilliantly.

adame, Mar 30, 2009
Ask a Question