C-Bus Wireless network mode

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by MichaelCarey, Mar 31, 2015.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,

On page 106 and 107 of this document :-

http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/Files/Brochures/C0000239.pdf

Mode 3, 4 and 5 Networks are mentioned with a nice graphic showing each C-Bus Wireless unit "talking" to the next one, like an ad-hoc WiFi network.

Am I right in my thinking that each C-Bus Wireless unit extends the range of the C-Bus Wireless network? I've got a simple C-Bus Wireless network at home in addition to my main wired network.

I'm trying to control (from my wired C-Bus network) a plug in wireless dimmer in my home theatre which seems to be a little too far away from the Wireless Network Gateway to communication properly. There is a C-Bus Wireless Saturn dimmer in a room that is almost in the middle between the C-Bus Wireless Gateway and the plug-in dimmer... can the C-Bus Wireless network work through the Saturn dimmer to talk to the plug in dimmer?

Michael.

MichaelCarey, Mar 31, 2015
  2. MichaelCarey

Ashley

Wireless units transmit directly to each other so every unit must be in range of every other unit. I believe that the units that were available in the USA market could act as repeaters but not those sold in Australia.

Ashley, Mar 31, 2015
  3. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Thanks for that Ashley.

I'll have to try and relocate the Wireless Gateway in a more favourable location.

MichaelCarey, Mar 31, 2015
Ask a Question