C-Bus Wireless, info??

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by MichaelCarey, Aug 3, 2004.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    I'm a C-Bus/Minder user/programmer. I see reference to C-Bus wireless on the main Clipsal page. I saw C-Bus Wireless mentioned in a UK home automation web site several months ago. Any word on what the hardware will consist of?
    I wish the Aussie CIS web site would update sooner ;) I found out about the NEO input units on the Clipsal Malaysia web site months before it was announced here...
    Regards,
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, Aug 3, 2004
  2. MichaelCarey

Jannie

On the wireless stuff: Saw a video on the WEB on a Home Automation trade show in the UK a few months ago. In this video Clipsal is demonstrating the wireless units with Saturn keypads. The local CIS office did not know the product existed. As you say, no mention on the CIS website, yet it's being demonstrated at trade shows.

On the CIS WEB site: I've mailed CIS on the quality of (or lack thereof) the WEB site, never got a reply. In a world where info is readily available on the WEB (take this forum for example), it's disappointing that CIS still seem to be stuck in the dark ages. C-Bus / Minder are leading edge technologies. Surely the support structures should reflect this....

Jannie, Aug 3, 2004
  3. MichaelCarey

Rolecgroup

That would be the saturn style switch which magnetically clips into its charger/wall mount. - V V sexy looking thing.

I saw it when Clipsal Aus came over to the UK earlier in the year and demo'd new products for Integrators.

Did you see me in the trade show video - i was demonstrating Homegate on a touch screen :D

Dean.

Rolecgroup, Aug 3, 2004
  4. MichaelCarey

Jannie

Hi,

Will look again :)

Any more info on this product? Down here, no one knows about it.

Tx!

Jannie

Jannie, Aug 3, 2004
  5. MichaelCarey

Richo

I can't comment on future products ... but with regard to the website. CIS is aware that the website is an issue and a team is working on a new one. A key goal of the new website is to make content management a role of the relevant department so web designers and IT are not required to get new information up. When this is live you will see the website taking a greater role in the delivery on information and annoucements to our customers.

Richo, Aug 4, 2004
  6. MichaelCarey

ashleigh Moderator

C-Bus Wireless is not released yet. Of course we need to let our integrators know that its coming.

I can tell you that it will be available in 2 styles, with a range of keys. It installs into existing wiring (retrofits), it is compatible with existing cbus wired products (so the protocols are the same). It will be supported by both Learn and installation software.

This is a very new technology, and we want to be very careful before release. We are currently running field trials and product WILL NOT be released until these trials have shown sufficient fault-free operation.

Furthermore, release into different countries is made complicated because the low-power radio regulations are different in every country, so the process of getting regulatory approval is expected to be slow and painful.

Initial release will be Australia, but I cannot say where else at this stage.

Sorry - cant tell more and don't want to mislead you. It is coming, it will be good!!!

ashleigh, Aug 4, 2004
  7. MichaelCarey

Duncan

I'm trialling the system which I've retrofitted to my own home.. and it is indeed good. :)

Duncan, Aug 4, 2004
  8. MichaelCarey

Wilko

Can anyone provide a web link to this trade show video? I'll disregard the irony of having to watch a UK product demonstration to see a new Aussie product... now I'm off to find the CIS Malaysia website.

Wilko, Aug 5, 2004
  9. MichaelCarey

Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden, Aug 5, 2004
  10. MichaelCarey

UncleDick

The Product shown in UK is not the full C-bus RF item that will be released in OZ don't be fooled by the similar look of the thing.

UncleDick, Aug 5, 2004
  11. MichaelCarey

Jannie

The point is that you need to find out about an Oz product at a UK show......

Can someone point me to any other websites with info on C-Bus products please?

I'm a hoarder of info and love C-Bus (my own house has over 500 managed circuits, arouns 150 units), but battle to find good information on the product.

Jannie

Jannie, Aug 5, 2004
  12. MichaelCarey

ashleigh Moderator

The UK presentation about wireless is very accurate. Watch this space.

For info about C-Bus products, suggest you look at www.clipsal.com/cis (yes I know its old but the product data sheets are there). You can also check www.cbusshop.com, which is nothing to do with clipsal but seems to be quite well organised.

ashleigh, Aug 6, 2004
Ask a Question