C-Bus Toolkit 1.16.0 Will be available shortly

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Colin, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Colin

Colin Moderator

An FYI to forum that a new update of the C-Bus Toolkit will be released shortly you can search for it on
    Product Documentation & Software downloads | Schneider Electric (se.com) starting 10th November

Basic details are below.

C-Bus Toolkit 1.16.0
    Released
    November 2021
    What’s New
    eDLT Firmware
    The eDLT Firmware Updater has been updated to include firmware version 1.6.0. This incorporates support for eDLT units with the version 3 hardware.
    When upgrading firmware on a unit with version 3 hardware, the updater must perform additional steps to complete the upgrade and so the upgrade process may take longer than it does for units with version 1 or 2 hardware.
    A new option called Force font data installation has been added to the eDLT Firmware Updater. When selected, it will force the updater to always update the font data on the unit, even if it is already the same version. When unselected, the updater will skip the font data part of the upgrade if it is already known to be the same version as the new firmware being installed. By default, this option is not selected.
    C-Bus – DALI-2 Gateway (5502CDGP230)
    This release adds support for newer firmware revisions of the C-Bus – DALI-2 Gateway unit (5502CDGP230) when scanning networks.
    SpaceLogic C-Bus Controllers
    This release adds support for SpaceLogic C-Bus Network Automation Controller (5500NAC2) and SpaceLogic C-Bus Application Controller (5500AC2) units.
    C-Gate 2.11.8
    This release includes C-Gate 2.11.8.

Colin, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Colin

Ks04

I have so many questions... what's new on the eDLT version 3 hardware (and how do I know what version I have?) Is the new DALI controller now available?

Ks04, Nov 9, 2021
  3. Colin

Charlie Crackle

Does the 1.6 firmware work on older EDLT ? I just tried 4 different unit and all Failed to upgrade due to "Time out waiting for response from unit. (these were all 1.4 firmware) do I need to load an old took kit and upgrade to version 1.5 first and then upgrade to tool kit to then upgrade to 1.6. ?

Charlie Crackle, Apr 19, 2022
  4. Colin

Wonkey

I had the same issue and did what you are suggesting. I also let the guys at Clipsal know of the problem.
    The out was successful all my eDLT are at firmware 1.6 and come from a variety of releases versions

Wonkey, Apr 19, 2022
  5. Colin

Charlie Crackle

Thanks Wonkey I had to go back to 2 previous versions to load 1.42 then 1.5 and then finally 1.6. Looks like the edlt upgrade code in tool kit requires certain matching firmware to upgrade. it would be good it it tested this and if wrong put up a more helpful error message.

Charlie Crackle, Apr 23, 2022
    Ashley W likes this.
Ask a Question