C-Bus Toolkit 1.15.1 released

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by daniel, Jun 6, 2017.

1. daniel

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi,

C-Bus Toolkit 1.15.1 has been released. You can find it at the CIS Downloads page.

This release fixes an issue with the eDLT and Sensor dialogs not working after the Windows 10 Creator's Update.

IMPORTANT
    * This is a breaking release. This version of Toolkit will not work with earlier versions of C-Gate and this version of C-Gate will not support earlier versions of Toolkit.
    * The current public release of OPC server will not work with this version of C-Gate. We expect to release a new version of OPC Server shortly.

Regards,

Clipsal Software Team

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
    daniel, Jun 6, 2017
  2. daniel

ashleigh Moderator

Daniel - what was the nature of the fault that prevented operation on the Creators Update of Windows ?

ashleigh, Jun 6, 2017
  3. daniel

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Ashleigh,

Microsoft made a lot of security-related changes in the Creator's Update - some they announced and some they didn't. Some cryptographic algorithms - and hence digital certificates - were rendered obsolete. UAC was made much stricter. Paths in batch files were parsed a bit differently.

It certainly wasn't a 'minor' update.

daniel, Jun 6, 2017
  4. daniel

ashleigh Moderator

Aarrgghhh!!

Sorry to spam you like this, it's just for Windows programs that I develop I was wondering what you had to deal with. Whilst I am using a mix of OS versions, I don't have Creators Update on anything yet and have so far been grateful to keep it that way. But I know the tidal wave is coming.

So thanks for that, gives me a vague idea of the size of the tidal wave thats coming.

ashleigh, Jun 7, 2017
Ask a Question