C-Bus to Coolmaster using thermostats and PAC controller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickrusanov, Mar 13, 2013.

1. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

I see many people ask for this, so here you have it.

Youtube video is here

Attached is PICED project with logic, which I've made to control Coolmaster from thermostats. On actual project 8 Mitsubishi AC's were controlled successfuly using 1 5500PACA and 8 thermostats.

This is the project which should be uploaded to 5500PACA to enable control of AC's addressed 001,002,003 using Coolmaster device and 3 C-Bus thermostats.

It also includes logic module to run Simulation Mode on Coolmaster with virtual AC's for the test.

To connect 5500PACA ot Coolmaster you are going to need RJ45 to DB9 cable, connection diagram is attached.

Same code can be used to control Daikin VRV, Sanyo VRF, Toshiba VRF, Mitsubishi Electric and Heavy VRF, Fujitsu, Hitachi, LG and maybe some other addressable air conditioning systems.

I am not a programmer, so if someone helps me to optimise the code and make it 2-way, it will be very nice from you. But it works anyway.

There is also more advanced and complex Djaggar code, which does not include PACA and thermostats, but supports 2-way control from C-Bus touchscreen. PM him if you need one.

Thank you Darren for this sample code, which is used here.

Attached Files:

nickrusanov, Mar 13, 2013
  2. nickrusanov

Rajesh1

Thanks

Thanks for providing the help with coolmaster integration. I have been looking out for support on this and really appreciate it

Rajesh1, Mar 13, 2013
  3. nickrusanov

znelbok

NIcely done.

I had not thought about using the C-bus thermostats without a traditional HVAC system.

This has given me ad idea for my system where each room is a zone. One of these in each room may do something similar to what you have shown.

Mick

znelbok, Mar 13, 2013
  4. nickrusanov

djaggar

A small correction ... latest versions of my code do support PACA (and CTouch) and use the AC system's thermostats to display the current room temperature, so always stay in sync with what the AC unit is doing.

I'm planning to upload a release in the very near future, just waiting for a couple of test sites to complete their installs, but as Nick says, PM me if you would like a copy sooner.

PDF Manual attached if anyone needs an overview

Attached Files:

djaggar, Mar 15, 2013
  5. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

That is great, thank you!

nickrusanov, Mar 27, 2013
  6. nickrusanov

techguy

Hi Dave Jaggar,
    thanks for the posts on the Coolmaster and CBUS and the attached summary PDF provided of your solution. It looks great and I would like to make contact with you, I am currently installing a Coolmaster 4000M and would love to learn from your experiences. I am not sure how to PM you in the forum, however, my email address is [email protected], if you could drop me an email that would be great and would love to connect.
    Regards, Paul

techguy, Apr 23, 2014
  7. nickrusanov

rikaussie

Maybe you could post your questions here so everyone can help/learn?

FYI, http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46410

I am an amateur C-Bus user and was fairly easily able to install a BW CTouch with Coolmaster on a 5 x Daikin splits using Dave's code.

Have also used a Coolmaster on a Toshiba MiniSMS system without a problem.

rikaussie, Apr 24, 2014
  8. nickrusanov

djaggar

I've sent you an enail, but for anyone else reading this, if you are logged in and click on my username on this website you should get the option to send me a private message.

djaggar, Apr 26, 2014
  9. nickrusanov

ahlui88

request for DJagger Code

Hi all,

May I have the sample of DJagger code as well?
    Now I am doing on cool master 8000mh with c bus, and I am so new to this communication, I need help on this setting. Appreciate if you guys can help, thanks

Wong

ahlui88, May 12, 2015
  10. nickrusanov

djaggar

Sure, send me a PM with your email address

djaggar, May 14, 2015
  11. nickrusanov

CBriggs

Hi djaggar,
    I am new to the forum, so I can't send a pm yet, but could you please tell me if your code would be applicable to the CoolMaster 4th generation units for Toshiba, or the CoolMaster NET?
    Cheers

CBriggs, Aug 2, 2015
  12. nickrusanov

djaggar

Yes and no ... the newer CoolMasters have a different command format to differentiate between the different HVAC lines (e.g. heat L*101), but still understand the older command format for backwards compatibility (e.g. heat 101) ... so it should still work but can't utilise the new features. I haven't tried it, I've just had a glance through the newer version's manual.

Changing my code to handle more than one HVAC line would not be terribly difficult ... I can give you some pointers if you are keen to have a go ...

djaggar, Aug 11, 2015
  13. nickrusanov

CBriggs

Thanks for the reply djagger.
    I was really just after the original functionality running a single system, but if required I would be happy to do some mods and try it out.
    Do you have your code hosted online where I can download it?
    For some reason I still cannot send a PM, and I am reluctant to post my email directly in a thread.
    Cheers!

CBriggs, Aug 14, 2015
  14. nickrusanov

djaggar

I sent an email to the moderators about your PMs but didn't hear back, so I have put my code in the Logic Code Examples forum

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15957

djaggar, Aug 27, 2015
  15. nickrusanov

bter

4th Gen Coolmasternet

Hi CBriggs/DJaggar

I was thinking of purchasing the coolmasternet to use with Daikin VRV system - the new format is backwards compatible but i assume the all on/all off function need to be altered.

Also was wondering if the query function was backward compatible and works with the new unit ?

thanks
    Ben

bter, Nov 27, 2015
Ask a Question