C-bus thermostat

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by zx9, May 27, 2012.

1. zx9

zx9

I currently have a braemar ducted heating unit install (approx 2 years old) with a manual 2 wire thermostat. Can I replace the manual unit with the cbus thermostat 5070THBRSS. I assume that I need to wire the 2 wires to one of the onboard relays and then program it though toolkit?

thanks in advance for your feedback.

zx9, May 27, 2012
  2. zx9

tobex

Just make sure that you measure the temp on the mounting point and the living space.

You need a correction factor to allow for the fact that walls and sofas have different ambient conditions.

tobex, May 27, 2012
  3. zx9

zx9

so i installed it and got it working however i know notice since swapping the manual thermostat for the cbus one that the ducted heating turns on & off a lot more and seems to turn off before it gets to the right point.

what are the best settings for ducted heating (it doesnt seem to be listed as a default heating type in the thermostat toolkit options.

i think the cycle time is set to 10mins but previously if i came home and the house was really cold the ducted heating would stay on for as long as it took to get to the right temp so i am not sure i need cycle time but it can't be disabled.

zx9, Jul 10, 2012
  4. zx9

ashleigh Moderator

The C-Bus thermostat has a predictive controller which is trying to measure the rate at which the temperature rises. It assumes that the temperature will continue to go up after the heating is turned off, which is why it turns off early. I think there is an adjustment for this, but off hand don't recall what it is.

Bear in mind the location of the thermostat has a big bearing on this. If its mounted on a wall, the room air might be different to the wall temperature - mounting ANY thermostat on places like outside walls is generally not a good move. So overall temperature differences *may* be related to where the unit is located. (MAY... not IS....)

The other one you describe: more frequent cycling is almost certainly a difference in the regulation band between the old and new thermostats. The C-Bus Thermostat has quite a narrow regulation band (about +/- 0.5 degrees C from vague memory). Your older one was probably about +/- 1 degrees C, which used to be a fairly common tolerance on older thermostats. I'm pretty sure there is a setting where you can change this as well.

Poke around in Toolkit.

ashleigh, Jul 10, 2012
  5. zx9

Stripey

Gday zx9

Just wondering which Braemar unit you connected the thermostat to? Have you had any issues?

I have a unit which was installed in 2007. I'm not sure if it's controllable, so any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Stripey, Feb 14, 2013
  6. zx9

zx9

its the Th315 - with manual thermostat

I was told by Braemar that control by automation can only be done with the manual thermostat model

zx9, Feb 21, 2013
Ask a Question