C-Bus Suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by lavigha98, Oct 8, 2020.

1. lavigha98

lavigha98

Hey All,
    This evening shortly after 6:00pm all of my light switches stopped working - they now just flash orange when pressed. I've had a look on the C-Bus toolkit & it seems I can connect to the network but none of the switches are in the network. Any ideas what's happened here? Some faulty hardware I assume? Any help would be appreciated as I'm currently in COVID lockdown so I think it's going to be hard to find someone to fix quickly. I've tried manually turning lights on/off with the relay but nothing happens.

lavigha98, Oct 8, 2020
  2. lavigha98

DarylMc

Have a look at the LEDs on the CBus output units in the switchboards.
    There is a lot of diagnosis can be done there.
    One common thing which might be easy to overlook is a tripped circuit breaker supplying one of the output unit power supplies.
    Perhaps also a missing phase in your supply.

DarylMc, Oct 8, 2020
  3. lavigha98

chromus

As Daryl said this sounds like a power deficit, circuit breakers 1st, cbus burdens and clocks next.

Check the voltage on the switches vs output units in Toolkit too as this can point you to where the failure may be.

chromus, Oct 8, 2020
Ask a Question