C-bus state recall from C-Touch after power failure

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by wanricky, Oct 25, 2007.

1. wanricky

wanricky

In a site there are only a few 12 ch Architecture Dimmer (L5112D10B2) and a B/W C-Touch, there is a problem after power failure.

Clients reported that the system ont only couldn't return to the previous state, but also didn't go to any regular pattern. Unlike other C-Bus dimmers, there is no "power failure" settings for the L5112D10B2 dimmers, and C-Bus states doesn't seem to sync between C-Touch and network after restart.

I wonder if I put a NEO switch with 8 scenes to sync with the scenes in C-Touch, will it be able to activate the contents of the scene inside C-Touch after restart?

Or do I miss something fundermental?

wanricky, Oct 25, 2007
  2. wanricky

Newman

The Architectural dimmer should always remember the previous states after a power failure. I haven't used one of these for a while but there are a few things you can check.
    • Is DMX being used? If so, is it possible that some channels were in DMX mode before the power failure? Are any channels in DMX only mode?
    • Are the C-Bus Groups for DMX or C-Bus Lock being used and, if so, from what kind of C-Bus unit?
    • Is the Control Fail tab being used. You might be able to create a pre-defined power-up state by enabling this feature and then specifying the levels.
    • Are there any devices connected to the remote override lines?

Newman, Oct 29, 2007
  3. wanricky

wanricky

It is good if it is the case!

No, not in this case. Lights are most dimmed after restart. Since it is a public place, we couldn't test it in details.
    I had another project using DMX mode and there were no such complaint apart from the delay of powering up the units. There were 10-15 seconds of complete darkness after emgerancy testing, but there was not much we could do at that case.
    not in this project. What if there is only C-Touch to control the C-Bus Lock?
    That's what we considered to do, but clients didn't have a pre-defined power state. Also, since we were not sure if the control failure scene would be called after power failure, we couldn't insist them to have one.
    No.

If the dimmer should remember the previous states, it is OK to us, as we will concentrate on finding problem from the programming issues rather than looking at the memory recall issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
    wanricky, Oct 29, 2007
Ask a Question