C-bus Spectrum Daylight Savings issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grasshopper, Oct 15, 2011.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper

I recently completed a project with a C-bus spectrum colour touch screen (the second one I've put in) and must say that I'm impressed with it's performance overall, just as it's big brother the 8080CTC2.

The one difficulty I 'm experiencing however, appears to be the non- retention of the Dalight Savings setting. Basically, I've given the user a Utilities page, on which I included a button with the 'special' function of 'Set Time'. It appears that whenever the Daylight Savings option is ticked on this screen, accessing this same page, some time later shows this option as unticked.

I did notice an earlier post that indicated Daylight Saving requires two schedules on this unit but don't understand what that means or whether this is causing thus anomaly.

Any help on this topic would be most appreciated.

grasshopper, Oct 15, 2011
  2. grasshopper

Darren Senior Member

It may be that you have another device on C-Bus which is resetting the Daylight Savings state. To verify if this is what is happening, you would need to have the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility running to see what messages are occurring on C-Bus. When you set the time on the Spectrum, you will see a C-Bus message a few seconds later. Wait for a while and if the Daylight Savings setting on the C-Touch Spectrum has been reset, check the Diagnostic Utility log to see whether some other device has sent a C-Bus time message with the wrong Daylight Savings setting.

The touch screens and Wiser use a Scheduled "special function" to start and end Daylight Savings. You can also do it manually with a button on the screen using the special functions.

To create the Schedules semi-automatically, open the Project Details form, go to the Daylight Savings tab, and click on Create Schedules.

Darren, Oct 16, 2011
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper

Thanks Darren.

I will certainly try looking at the log soon after setting the check-box for Daylight Savings, and use the Diagnostic utility also. Is there any relevance in mentioning that this system also incorporates a V3 M1-Cbus interface, which seems to be working brilliantly for the last 6 months or so?
    We are using time of day quite intensely, to activate Cbus lighting loads based on when security sensors are detecting movement.

Also, with reference to creating schedules for Daylight savings at the Project Details section, I wasn't clear if that was necessary, short of nominating the correct location on Earth (i.e. Lat and Long)? Incidentally, I did do this anyway.

grasshopper, Oct 16, 2011
  4. grasshopper

Darren Senior Member

I am not aware of any problems with the M1, but other third party products have had issues with exactly this.

Also make sure that your Spectrum Firmware is up to date.

Darren, Oct 17, 2011
  5. grasshopper

mattyb

mattyb, Oct 17, 2011
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper

Thank you Darren and Matt.

Matt, your suggestion seems spot-on and I'll give it a go on site right away.

Regards,

grasshopper, Oct 17, 2011
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper

Thank you guys...

Matt's suggestion seems to have sorted out the issue.
    Incidentally, I tried doing the same with a V2 M1 interface and noticed that Cbus time sync wasn't implemented in earlier versions.

Thanks again..

grasshopper, Oct 21, 2011
Ask a Question