C-Bus Revision Catchup

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Joe-Cbus, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Joe-Cbus

Joe-Cbus

Hi all

nice to join this forum. Although I'm a newbie here, I actually installed my first C-Bus installation back in 1999. Its still going strong, but as i have not had to change it for over 10 years, I'm now finding that I'm a bit shy on how to do it, so any help would be appreciated.

I have C-Bus 1 relay and C-Bus 2 dimmer controllers. With C-bus input devices ( light switches). My software is way out of date and I'm even having trouble getting a serial to USB convertor so I can still use the CAT5100 PC interface.

I tried pairing a switch with an output using the C-Bus 2 method and it didn't work, presumable because the switch is not C-Bus 2.

Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated.

Joe-Cbus, Jun 13, 2022
  2. Joe-Cbus

Matthew

Hi Joe
    First step is to update the software, the newer stuff is backwards compatible and supported. free download online.
    I found the serial to USB converter was always a 10minute dance to get it going. Investing in a 5500PCU is well worth the money, it just works all the time, every time.
    If your system is 1990's vintage, check the power supplies. I don't recall exactly what, but the 5100PS causes issues (I think with DIN mounted modules??). Search the forum for more info on this issue if you think it's relevant.

Matthew, Jun 14, 2022
Ask a Question