c bus on vista

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ABSOLUTE, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ABSOLUTE

ABSOLUTE

Hi Guys , What is the status of Toolkit and Piced on Vista . I am biulding a media centre and I am looking at leaving Piced on a RJ45 plug for com access and also having Toolkit sitting on a USB connection through a PAC. This is so that as well as having internet access to the media centre I can also have access to Piced and Toolkit on remote sites. I have heard that there is still an issue of Vista / Toolkit through USB using the PAC. Is this still the case and are there any other issues. Thanking you Lance Seabrook

ABSOLUTE, Dec 4, 2007
  2. ABSOLUTE

amberelectrics

Im using Vista with toolkit on my laptop with no problems. Biggest difference from your spec is that I am using a PC Express interface card instead of a USB adaptor. The PC Express card does not use USB root hub internally so its direct hardware, basically the same as having a serial port.

If your using a PC then it should be no issue to have a serial port on there anyway.

The only other to watch is that the help files dont work, Microsoft have helpfully provided the old win32 help file reader as a dnload off there site and once installed it works fine.

The other way to do the connection is to add a CNI to the install, you can then use either a wireless router to connect to the PC or use the lan connection on the computer.

amberelectrics, Dec 4, 2007
  3. ABSOLUTE

Spekauto

Toolkit works

I Have no Issue with Toolkit on vista and using USB, can only think it may be if you are using a serial converter that there is an issue wiht its drivers and vista.

I have it workingon both USB - Serial Converter, and the USB PC Interface.

Dave

Spekauto, Dec 2, 2008
  4. ABSOLUTE

SeamlessAutomation

No Problem Here either

Hi Guys

I also have no issue with vista and toolkit on my laptop works well i use USB, Dogtronics adaptor and serial.

SeamlessAutomation, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question