C-Bus Network Interface is inaccessible (5500CN2)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Jimbo53, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Jimbo53

Jimbo53

I have a C-Bus system in an apartment with a wired network (ethernet) with 3 x PCs running Windows 10. I am trying to set up a C-Bus Network Interface Mk II (5500CN2) so I can use C-Bus Toolkit from the PCs across the ethernet network.

Both lights on the CNI are flashing red/green - confirming communication with the C_Bus and the ethernet.

In the C-Bus Toolkit (I have the latest software version) I have inserted Network Connection Details to match the info from the Clipsal IP Utility tool: Type: CNI; Address 192.168.0.100 and Port 10001. When I try to open the network I get a dialogue box with the message: "Failed to open the Network, as the C-Bus Network Interface is inaccessible."

When I ping 192.168.0.100 I do not get a response. The CNI and my PC are both showing sub-netmask 255.255.255.0 but the IPv4 address of the PC I am using is 10.0.0.13 (preferred). How do I get them talking to each other?

I have a C-Touch interface - do I need to change the network settings on this perhaps?

Assistance would be much appreciated, thank you.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Jimbo53, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Jimbo53

Jimbo53

OK, I got the solution from Ashley on another thread. I had to change the gateway and IP address of the CNI to align with the gateway and IP address of the Windows network.
    All sorted.

Jimbo53, Dec 23, 2018
Ask a Question