C-Bus Manual Learn Mode Programming

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by swatchie1, Sep 28, 2020.

1. swatchie1

swatchie1

Hi, i have a Clipsal L5512RVFB and key input units in my apartment.

I accidentally delete all my configuration in my 12 channel output unit.
    What I did was:
    1) Entered Learn mode by pressing an output button for 10 secs
    2) Double pressed an output button which selects all the 12 channels to turn on
    3) Exit learn mode by pressing an output button for 2 secs.

Now all my Key input units only shows a lighted up red LED whenever I press it but no lights are turned ON.

What I tried but did not work:

1) Enter Learn Mode
    2) Select the required output switches in the L55 unit which lights up my kitchen
    3) Select an input button from my 4 gang wall switch input unit which shows the red LED lighting up
    4) Exit learn mode by pressing the output unit for 2 secs.

The kitchen light then turns OFF but the wall input switch still has its red LED lighting up. And this button doesn't light up the switch when i pressed it again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer if I do not have to purchase a 5500 C-Bus PC interface.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    swatchie1, Sep 28, 2020
  2. swatchie1

chromus

You should get a properly trained electrician in to properly enclose those units they aren’t safe as is.

If you have followed the learn mode process a couple of times and it hasn’t worked it could be the units had learn mode disabled when they were programmed.

The building management may have access to the programming interface depending how the system was setup.

chromus, Sep 28, 2020
  3. swatchie1

Wonkey

The LED on your Key input looks Red on the photo and if thats the case then its an early version 1 unit hence not learn mode

Wonkey, Sep 28, 2020
  4. swatchie1

swatchie1

Yes it is red and it's old. How do I wipe it and put it into learn mode?

swatchie1, Sep 30, 2020
  5. swatchie1

swatchie1

I had tried asking the management but this was installed more than ten years ago and the management had since changed. They have no idea what I'm talking about. I have to solve it on my own.

Any options?

swatchie1, Sep 30, 2020
  6. swatchie1

chromus

As @Wonkey has mentioned without a CNI or similar to program it you are boned as your buttons dont support Learn Mode.

You haven't said where you are, give us a location and maybe there is an integrator local who can give you a quote.

chromus, Sep 30, 2020
Ask a Question