C-bus Keyless Entry ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by 2SC, Oct 13, 2006.

1. 2SC

2SC

On my basement I have an entrance door with shutter.
    Is it possible to get it open from outside without using a wall switch (for security reasons)?:confused:
    I read a little for the keyless entry system. However, it is a stand alone system and needs more cables. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get there a power cable.
    I have a neo wall switch on the back side of the wall.

Thanks in advance

2SC, Oct 13, 2006
  2. 2SC

pbelectrical

Alarm panel + bus coupler

Do you have an alarm system installed?
    Can it be expanded to include a wireless card reader or code pad?

If yes to the above you could install the wireless card reader or codepad outside your basement and have the alarm panel talk via a bus coupler to open the shutter via c-bus. This assumes the your building construction will allow sufficent range for the wireless devices.

Peter Brown

pbelectrical, Oct 13, 2006
  3. 2SC

2SC

Thanks Peter.
    I talked with the installer of my alarm system and his is going to expand it using a remote control device. Pressing the button, the alarm panel will be disarmed and it will also talk via a bus coupler to open the shutter via c-bus.
    Actually the remote control has 4 buttons so I could use it to arm 3 more scenarios of c-bus.

2SC, Oct 15, 2006
Ask a Question