C-Bus issues in an office.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by Patq, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Patq

Patq

I have a problem in an office,where the lights turn off by themselves every few hours. The C-Bus network is located over 3 floors but the problem exists only on 1 floor. The lights on this level are controlled by a C-Touch screen with schedules. The fluorescent lights are controlled by a DSI gateway in turn controlling 2 pole 20 amp relays. There are 2 din rail dimmers, a 5 amp Pro dimmer,a change over relay,a voltage free relay and 0-10 Analogue Output unit. I changed the C-Touch to a Mark 11 B/W touchscreen, uploaded the program and ran. Problem still exists. Any idea,s.

Patq, Oct 28, 2012
  2. Patq

Roosta

Oh where to start.. Currently on my mobile.. Will post when I get to a pc..

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 28, 2012
  3. Patq

znelbok

run the logging tool in toolkit to see if you can capture what unit is sending the off command.

From there it should be pretty simple.

znelbok, Oct 28, 2012
  4. Patq

Roosta

Apologies for the delayed response..

First off I would do as znelbok has suggested.. Run a log computer and see what is happening on the network when the lights go off..

Also I would be looking closely at the installation as I think, from what you have described, there could be some problems..

Is the L5508DSI actually controlling the 2p 20a contactors as you described? I dont think this is possible..

Also could you describe more about the operation requirements of the building? Are the schedules behaving correctly, etc?

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 28, 2012
Ask a Question